what's the new in 889 release.....

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by herny, Jun 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. herny

herny Guest

hi,what's the new in the build .889....thanks (....nada for via 8237.....)

bye

2. Donprovo

Donprovo Registered Member

Stick with 826 if you want high-speed USB drivers. If you like watching paint dry, upgrade to 889.

3. PaulB2005

PaulB2005 Registered Member

Seriously?

4. Donprovo

With my hardware, a Dell 5160 laptop and an external USB2 drive, when I boot from the rescue cd with builds 796, 800 or 826 I can create an image or restore it in approximately 20 minutes.

When build 859 and now 889 came out I tried the same thing with their rescue cd's and the time goes up to almost 2 hours.

That proves that Acronis changed the drivers for the rescue cd's in these two latest builds and screwed up something that used to work.....specifically fast USB2 drivers that allowed for fast imaging.

It's so obvious they used slower drivers to try to accommodate some other far out patch they thought must be an "improvement".

You can see the drive activity lights blinking about 2 Hz where before they were on almost constantly. What does that prove? Lousy read/write rates with the 859 and 889 drivers, probably USB 1.0 at best. o_O

5. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

Donprovo, how many gigabytes are you imaging that takes 20 minutes and what is the size of the imaged file - with which compression?

Thanks for the info on your experience with build 889.

6. Donprovo

I have a 40Gb drive with about 10Gb used. I always use the default normal compression.

7. Donprovo

As the threads indicate, 859 has a defective image mounter and also has very slow image/restore performance for many users compared to the previous 826 build. 889 is reputed to fix the defective image mounter but it doesn't fix the slow drivers of 859. So, the alternative is to stick with a prior build like 826 which has faster drivers.

8. hectorsm

hectorsm Registered Member

What kind of "slower" times are you refering to? It took me about 15 minutes to image a 15GB partition to another partition (same drive). If it did take a minute or two longer than perhaps I did not notice?

Are you imaging to an USB drive?

9. Rod Williams

Rod Williams Registered Member

How can I get Build 826? I have 800 but skiped 826 and now I only see 889 listed. Am I missing something or is it not available now?

10. Donprovo

Log in to your account and look under the history of all builds. You can download it there.

11. herny

herny Guest

Please............

bye herny

12. Defenestration

Defenestration Registered Member

Here are the change list's for the last three builds:

13. herny

herny Guest

thanks....

bye herny

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.