What's the "cool software" you use?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Lollan, Aug 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uguel707

Uguel707 Graphic Artist

I agree with Devinco, RoboForm is very convenient!:)

Also....

I like a lot Last.fm player and I would highly reccomend this program to anyone that loves listening to music. The program can build up a detailed profile of your musical taste and then play the songs or genre you like best on your profile webpage. It is very easy to customize. You can also add your friends' personal choice in it. If you hear a song you like for the first time, you simply click on the heart button "Love"' to add it to your favourites and if you don't like the song, you just click on the "Ban" button as shown in the screenshot below (there is also a skip button). Everytime you will open Last .fm. Player, it will play all the songs you like best and can also look for more songs to add to your profile.

http://www.last.fm/tools/downloads/

Attached Files:

2. Uguel707

Uguel707 Graphic Artist

3. Tommy

Tommy Registered Member

Indeed i use it in combination with foobar, By the way people who love to listen to online radio i recommand Screamer-Radio. Small and good. 1.FM stations are running als the day on my Laptop.

4. betauser2

betauser2 Guest

Convinient... you ain't seen nothing yet! A quick search on the forum would have given my suggestion Launchy

enjoy!

5. Uguel707

Uguel707 Graphic Artist

Hi Tommy! just curious, which one did you download? I just went to the
    website and saw that there are a Beta version and a stable version o_O

6. Uguel707

Uguel707 Graphic Artist

Can Launchy manage,save and encrypt your passwords?
    I went to their webpage and did not read such info....:doubt:

7. Tommy

Tommy Registered Member

The Beta is running very well and stable here. Also capable of using WinAmp Plugins :)

8. Uguel707

Uguel707 Graphic Artist

Thanks Tommy!:)

9. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

I have been looking at ReplayRadio but still have some questions to be answered about this before I would install. I would like to be able to play radio and maybe be able to transfer to mp3 player plus the ability to find podcasts. ReplayRadio has a lot of preset stations and will record the streams. Has anyone tried this player by Applian software? http://www.applian.com/replay-radio/index.php

10. betauser2

betauser2 Guest

No Launchy is a very simple and cool, keystroke application launcher. With launchy there is no longer a need to use start menu or desktop shortcuts, mouse to launch applications, bookmarks, Music, Pictures, Documents, custom Commands etc

11. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Why to use launchy when same thing u can get with windows keyboard shortcuts.

12. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

i tried Austrumi a few days ago and it's really good, especially for something so small. it looks good and has some really good software to. it does default to Latvian though :D so you have to change the lanugage settings in one of the menus. there is also a setting to install to the HDD, so be careful :D

and yes, i did have a desktop picture in my sig.

13. Meriadoc

Meriadoc Registered Member

Always good to go digging around Microsoft.
    Some gems...

http://research.microsoft.com/research/downloads/

Scroll down to find...

Scalable Fabric...for xp. Has a boundry on the desktop, any window minimized gets pushed to the side, the further you go the smaller the thumbnail gets - a mini view - inside the area windows act normal. Just rename the downloaded file with a .msi extension.

GroupBar...window-grouping features in an XP TaskBar-like interface.

USB Flash Drive Manager.
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...01-BFC4-485E-BCAE-C9DF0ACCDAAE&displaylang=en

GroupShot...fixing tool for group photos http://research.microsoft.com/projects/GroupShot/

Virtual wifi...multiple wifi networks using single adapter http://research.microsoft.com/netres/projects/virtualwifi/software.htm

14. Dina

Dina Registered Member

hi iceni60. i received my ubuntu cd today. i was expecting it to arrive more than two months but arrived a little less than a month.

thanks, ill be rather busy for a while.

much appreciated. *very happy* :) :) :)

15. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,
    Well, I like Google SketchUp (you can check the first 3D work I posted on me site), I love to play with CSS. Firefox is nice, Nvu too, and then let's not forget lots of linuxes and vmware stuff.
    Mrk

16. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    Firefox and TuneUp Utilities 2006...;) :cool: :thumb:

17. Devinco

Devinco Registered Member

I've tried a lot of different picture organizers, but so far none compare to Google's Picasa 2. :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.