What's the best free Windows Firewall log analyzer?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by sweater, Jan 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    :rolleyes: I use Windows XP Firewall and its built-in log analyzer looks awkward and lacks in details and boring to look at. :blink:

What windows firewall log analyzer that you can possibly suggests that are free, easy to use, small in size to download and has lots of details likes the fully functioning logs of a good third-party firewalls?

2. Mem

Mem Registered Member

Well, you will probably not get the log analysis you want from WinXP logs but the one I'd say to start with is FireLogXP v 1.3: http://www.2brightsparks.com/freeware/freeware-hub.html

It's freeware and no longer in development. You need to get used to the re-analyze function and filtering of information before tossing it if you don't like it. The help files are somewhat lacking on specifics so you will need to play around with it for a while.

Also, you can import the log file (after disabling logging) into Excel as a tab delimited file to get an easier read than with notepad.

Edit: FireLogXP is also available on snapfiles and majorgeeks.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2006
  3. CrazyM

CrazyM Firewall Expert

Others you could look at are Personal Firewall Log Reader and XP Firewall Logger 2.01a which you can find at Major Geeks. These are pretty much log readers only.

Regards,

CrazyM

4. SwordOfSecurity

SwordOfSecurity Registered Member

hmm.. i myself have been looking for one and mostly came up with random third-party company names i've never seen or heard of before. are there any well-known reccomended ones out there?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.