Whats the Best DVD to mpeg converter

Discussion in 'polls' started by AnthonyG, Feb 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnthonyG

AnthonyG Registered Member

Im not sure if i can ask this as it might be a restricted topic, but can i say it is to back up my own films i own on DVD (want some small files so i can put a few movies on my laptops hard drive and carry around with me and watch them on my laptop instead of carrying a bunch of DVDs around with me that might get damaged and take up space)

So i am looking for an easy to use all in one DVD to mpeg (or AVI) converter that has good quality. So i can just insert my dvd click some buttons then a couple of hours later come out with a new Mpeg of my film about 700-900 mb big.

Any one know of some good software for this (i dont mind paying good money for it if its worth it.

Thanks
    Anthony

2. securenhappy

securenhappy Guest

#1 Dvd Ripper keeps getting the best reviews. This program is not for ripping and copying to another DVD but for ripping to hard drive. From their site:
    #1 DVD Ripper is a powerful and easy to use tool for backing up your DVD movies.with #1 DVD Ripper you are able to convert DVDs to VCD(MPEG1),SVCD(MPEG2),AVI,and Divx(MPEG4) formats.Stunning features including:DVD to Divx,same quality,10% size,Batch file converting,Convert each chapter to an individual file,quick setting panel,automatically shutdown computer.But that's not all. #1 DVD Ripper uses the advanced interface technologies offer you a neat and handy user interface.

3. Down_Under

Down_Under Registered Member

4. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

DVD Ripper can be purchased from W**L-M**T for seven dollars.

5. I have WinAVI Video Converter and it's great for converting the other way than the original poster is wanting. It's really a great tool for making DVDs from just about every format. It does that in a very speedy fashion. For DVD to DivX (small mpeg 4 files with very little quality loss) I would go with the program mentioned by another poster above which is #1 DVD Ripper. Load up a drive with hundreds of movies with this software. Does a great job. To make DVDs from various file formats, I would go with WinAVI Video Converter. Both do a good job, but each is better at their particular specialty.

6. Forgot to mention the other option which is, of course, copying DVDs and making a backup of commercial DVDs. I tried a bunch of software before finding the very best for this. No doubt in my mind, the best, and it's sooo easy, is 1Click DVD Copy. Excellent!

7. deaddybear

deaddybear Registered Member

Do some shopping first. <snip>

edited to remove spam - Detox

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.