What's new in released version 3677 ?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by pierrelambert, Jul 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

I obviously don't have any real idea of your backup requirements while on the road.

However, I would think if I were using a laptop on the road my requirements would be to have on DVD or another partition a recent backup just in case the OS goes south. I don't see myself changing the OS while on the road but I do see creating and updating data files such as documents, spreadsheets, contact lists ...

Can't these data files just be backed up to a CD/DVD with a burning program like Nero? Is it really necessary to be doing big images on the road?

2. Allen L.

Allen L. Registered Member

That's what I was thinking when I first read this post...if you're out on the road that long to have the need to bkup more than 700MB of data (one CD), your job is much too difficult and time consuming for me to comprehend! ;)

3. chasingclouds

chasingclouds Registered Member

By way of update to all you other guys well ahead of me on experience of ATI 9, build 3677 still manages to throw a wobbly when asked to produce a backup and verify dvd image. Sent off my comments and report.txt duly attached on 2.9.06 and have just sent off private message to ask how long it takes to respond to these report queries. :(

Look like I should have read the forum, stuck with ATI 8, backed up to hdd and then burned image. Finding memorex dvd-r works fine on usb LG supermulti (debatatable whether I will really find 4x dvd ram that much use ...) unless of course one is trying to back up from ATI :ouch:

Notice that when I go to my registration page and check out updates available for version 9 (am registered for both versions 8 and 9 - purchased ATI9 because of dvd direct write facility...) there is an update available for ATI 9, given as build 3677, precisely the same build number as the ATI 9 upgrade I downloaded. Yet the files seem to have slightly different names, still 74.6mb though.

I notice from Device Manager that in Acronis Devices entry, ATI Backup archive explorer appears twice - does this tell m(or rather, you folks) anything useful? Using properties, I find the driver details are identical from driver tab, file version 3.3.build 437 but on the driver tab page the driver date is given as 15/11/2005 and 13/03/2002. Does this mean anything to anybody?

Given the amount of posting on this topic it is interesting to speculate just how much research goes into a computer magazine review that gives this product a glowing report yet fails to mention such a problem as this.
    :cautious:

4. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello chasingclouds,

Both problems you reported are well known. The first has been extensively documented in this forum and we are still waiting for a fix via some future new build.

The second problem is a one-off that occurs when you upgrade or update from a version/build of True Image lower than TI 9.x Build 3567. The Acronis Support reply in this previous thread titled <Build 3567: Acronis TI Backup Image Explorer> explains which of the two image explorers you can safely delete. In fact, as reported in other threads, you will find that there are additional remnents of your previous installation that ought to be cleared out. To that end, I recommend you work through the following manual uninstall procedures and then carry out a clean install of TI 9.0 Home Build 3677. You will need your serial numbers for both TI 8.0 and TI 9.0 to hand.

<Acronis True Image 9.x Enterprise Server/Server for Windows/Home manual uninstallation>

<Acronis True Image 8.0 manual uninstallation>

After completing the reinstall, boot from the the Acronis bootable rescue CD that you created previously and check the build number via Help > About. If it's not Build 3677 then create a new one.

Regards

Last edited: Sep 9, 2006
  5. chasingclouds

chasingclouds Registered Member

Hi Menorcaman,

Thanks for your reply (and its speed :eek: - do you get to sleep at times?!!)

Will work through the manual install as suggested and run the process again to see what happens - need to get on with rest of my life before though. Will post result later in weekend. :)

Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.