Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Xophile, Feb 9, 2004.
Anybody know? Any major improvements? Speed?
hmm, I don't know, but speed is very fast already and other things like archive handling, script checking, lower RAM usage or so, I don't think so...
Maybe the new Internet filter in IMON and automatic notification about license expiration...
no no Marcos,
is the new Internet Filter in IMON not introduced in Version 2.000.8 already?! I think so.
At my System Information at NOD32 Internet Support shows 2.000.8 version and all other components shows version 2.000.9, a little bit strange, isn't it?!
And the automatic notification about license expiration..hmm, ok maybe improved in 2.000.9, but this notification are in Version 2.000.8 already, too ^^
best regards and bye bye
In 2.000.8 and 9 version IMON have now a Internet filter that detect vulnerabilities that cause NT system to restart like the vulnerabilities that use Lovesan, Nachi, etc viruses.
The new IMON also seems to cripple most if not all games' abilities to have a local network game , so unfortunately I have IMON disabled atm. Not that I'm dumb enough to use Lookout Express and open all the attachments I get my hands on.
I've some new features in 2.000.8 version:
Here are the changes for the PCU 2.000.7:
(this PCU was released just for the new Italian and Portugal version and these changes are included also in the new PCU 2.000.8 - described below) :
- Notification that a restart is needed (not only messagebox, but also a mail to the dedicated person)
- Mirror - new feature (Administrator version only) - Admin has to permit the program component upgrade for the clients updating from the mirror :
It works this way: If there is a PCU released - it's downloaded to the local disk (on the Mirror machine) and Admin receives a mail about it. There is a new button "Upgrade components" in the Mirror section. The real PCU update of the clients is performed (if available) after clicking on that button (e.g by an admin). The equivalent components (also the ones from the older PCU) have to be included in the Mirror - otherwise they will be copied also without permission (so that the Mirror is always complete and contain all PCU's)
- IMON - new feature - adding name of the infiltation to the subject of the infected e-mail (optional) (IMON->Setup->MOdify the subject of infected e-mail with the string
- Fixed the the Windows NT4 SP6 slowdown problem
- Added the Packet-worm scanner (Internet filter) - should be able to prevent from attacts of type: CodeRed, SQLSlammer,Lovsan/Nachi - blocks the packets that wants to take control over computer (It's activity can be monitored by logging the intrusion attempts: Imon->Setup->Advanced Setup->Internet filter->Log intrusion attempts to the virus log)
- If an infected e-mail is received, a silmilar entry is written to the e-mail header:
"X-NOD32Result: Infected, Win32/Mimail.C.zip worm"
this can be used for a kind of automatic handling of the message.
- Added the "Exclude" function (in IMON) - the compatibility problems with some software can be solved immediately.
IMPORTANT NOTE: (it is not recommended to use it for the wide-spread - e.g. the Microsoft (MS) products-especially on those that act as a Server - Example: if MS SQL Server would be excluded - there is no chance to detect the SQL/SQLSlammer)(IMON->Setup-> Advanced Setup->"Edit" in the Exclusion section)
- Archives module (part of the virus scanning engine): will be updated whithin about a minute after it's update and not after restart as before.
- On the computers that are setup to update from the Eset update servers: The default update server will be changed to <Choose automatically> to distribute the load between the update servers.
- On the computers that are not setup to update from the Eset update servers (e.g. from a Mirror Server) : The default update server will be not changed - it remains the same before to prevent updating problems
On Windows 2000 and newer Operating systems (Windows XP/ 2003/ ....): if the NOD32 Kernel Service (nod32krn) falls (when an error message "Error occured during communication with NOD 32 Kernel Service" appears) - the service restarts itself automatically.
Fixed the shutdown problem on the Windows 95/ 98/ ME Operating Systems
The installation settings (e. g. the infiltration information appended to the mail can be switched on/off)
CONFIGURATION EDITOR (Administration version only)
- If there is any change applied in the file - an "*" is added to the title in the Application window
- Read only mode: can be run from the commandline (e.g. c:\Program Files\ESET\cfgedit.exe /readonly)
- The folowing new features can be changed via the Configuration Editor
IMON/Settings/Log intrusion attempts to the virus log (For the Packet Worm Scanner)
IMON/Settings/Automatically detect changes in network configuration and repair necessary settings
IMON/Settings/Enable modifying infected emails subject
Mirror/Settings/Require permission to perform program component upgrade
- Setup: the "Setup of Automatic Update" dialog requiring entering the username/password from the user is not displayed - the evaluation user is getting the virus database updates during the evaluation period (30 days) for free.
cool and what the exact chances from 2.000.8 to 2.000.9?
I think that the difference is that 2.000.9 had the shutdown issue fixed.
wow, so much! respect..
No need for sarcasm on this board iNsuRRection.
No problem - we're just human
Separate names with a comma.