What's new and what works in TI 10?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by MKairys, Nov 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MKairys

MKairys Registered Member

I don't actually have TI 10 so I'm hoping someone who does will take over this thread; but I don't think we yet have a consolidated list and I for one would like to see one.

Please, if you have information to add to this list, do.

Here is the "What's New" list from the invitation to upgrade e-mail I/we received from Acronis, annotated with such comments and questions as occur to me:

Back up applications and specific categories of data
    ... (like Documents, Finance, Images, Music, Video, etc.)

What does this mean exactly? Has anyone tried it? Does it work?

Manage backups
    ... deleting backups you no longer need ...

Create backup archive rules
    ... setting limits on the size of backups, the number of backups ...

From what I've read, (a) these are both the same feature, and (b) it works correctly if you understand about defining Backup Locations and picking your backup location from the Backup Locations and not from the folder tree.

Email notification
    ... obtaining notification that your backups are completed

From what I've read it's not clear if this works correctly or not?

Back up files in a mouse click
    ... without opening the Acronis True Image application

What does this mean exactly? Has anyone tried it? Does it work?

Password protect the Acronis Secure Zone

Has anyone tried this? Does it work?

Explore archives
    Easily search and recover particular files in archives just like in Windows Explorer

From what I've read, this means you can explore a .tib image file without mounting it first. However this may cause Explorer threads to hang and present problems at system shutdown. And does this apply to file/folder backups as well as image backups?

Microsoft Outlook and Outlook Express backup
    Back up messages, user accounts and settings

Has anyone gotten this to work?

Windows Vista ready
    Acronis True Image Home now supports Microsoft Windows Vista RC1, RC2

Anyone tried this?

And many more...
    Back up directly to FTP
    continue to use your system during live backups
    incremental and differential backups
    Backup Scheduler
    Acronis Recovery Manager
    PC cloning; adding a new hard disk, etc.

Of the above list only the first may be new; is it? The rest are clearly not new features in TI 10.

My opinion: of all the features above the only two that seem attractive to me are email backup and exploring file/folder backups (if that's even what the feature is), and both seem to have problems.

2. TheWeaz

TheWeaz Registered Member

" ... the only two that seem attractive to me are email backup ... "

And that does not work.

3. OneL

OneL Registered Member

And does TI 10 solve the the issue when using the CD (Linux) version of some of us having to enter the aipc=off and noapic commands before it will work?

4. MKairys

Acronis Support has replied that this feature is known to be broken and will be fixed "in the nearest future".

I suppose the reason that no one has replied to my request for details on this feature is that no one has gotten it to work :)

5. MKairys

Another "is this fixed in TI 10" question

While looking over some old posts I came across this thread, Can't edit task if drive letter not available. As you can see Acronis support replied, Please be aware that this issue is known already. It will be fixed in the future builds\versions of the product.

So, is it? Would someone who has TI 10 please experiment and report back? Or, (dreaming here :)) would Acronis Support tell us if this issue is corrected in TI 10?

6. CatFan432

CatFan432 Registered Member

Say you want to image your “C” drive every day at a certain time, and you want to keep 7 days worth of images. This is now possible without using the Secure Zone, as ATI 10 now uses something called “Backup Location.” An added feature of this is you can set up several different folders as Backup Locations and send different backup configurations to each one. One for "C", one for "D", etc. This is a major addition to the program, in my opinion. It works, too.

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello MKairys,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please have a look at this previous post of mine, which contains answers to some of your questions.

Both these abilities are related to Backup Location and describe the functionality of it.

Yes, this is how it is supposed to work. You need to select the Backup Location from the special section in the drives tree.

Using this feature of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home you can launch the backup wizard by right-clicking on a disk, file or folder icon and selecting Backup in the context menu. The program will automatically mark the selected item for backup.

As for the question you asked in your post #5, please note that this issue was fixed and the fix is included into current build Acronis True Image 10.0 Home. Acronis True Image 10.0 Home will warn you that the destination is unreachable and allow you to edit the task.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

8. MKairys

Thank you very much for your reply, Aleksandr.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.