What will happen if I enabled Returnil and I hibernate?

Discussion in 'General Returnil discussions' started by kupo, Apr 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kupo

kupo Registered Member

Title says it all :D
    EDIT: Another question, what will be the settings of Anti-executable to be able to withstand TDSS/TDL-3 rootkits?

Last edited: Apr 24, 2012
  2. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Hi skudo12 and welcome to the forums :)

1. Nothing as the virtualization does not effect or interfere with the hibernation or the Windows pagefile.

2. Set the A_E to high if you expect to run across or are doing research on a sample of the RK.

Mike

3. kupo

kupo Registered Member

So when I hibernate (I'm not doing this though) while Virtualization is enabled, when I boot back, I'm still protected with Virtualization of Returnil?
    Thanks, last question, does the anti-malware included with returnil be used with Microsoft Security Essentials? Oh and what engine are you using? I've read that it's F-Protect?

4. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Yes

yes, RSS works well with MSE

Yes, but the Frisk engine is only a part of the Virus Guard component as we include our own engine as well.

Mike

5. kupo

kupo Registered Member

Just installed it and it's running pretty good. The only system impact I noticed is during start-up. But after than that, it's pretty light. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.