What went wrong with TI8?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by gm10, Nov 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gm10

gm10 Registered Member

A couple of weeks ago I posted message "What went wrong with TI9?". I was advised to switch to TI8 which I did.
    Yesterday, while out of home, I asked my wife to turn my computer computer off. Later I found that instead of "Turn off .." she clicked on "Log off ..". Nothing else.
    When I came back home the hard drive was running non-stop. I reboot the computer to find out that the computer was low on memory. Partition C: - 19G was only only 9G full before I left home. This time I knew what to do. I deleted TI8, cleaned computer and I am back to 9G.
    WHAT GIVES? I have'done nothing to cause troubles. Only once I copied Partition C: to another hard drive. IS IT POSSIBLE TO USE TI8 WITHOUT NASTY SURPRISES?

Regards,

Boris

2. Jbmoar

Jbmoar Registered Member

You could backup using only The Rescue CD And remove only the windows version and backup only when needed as I Do, I Feel safer using just the rescue cd for backups and restores, is only a suggestion though

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello gm10,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

I'm afraid that I have not heard about such problems of Acronis True Image before (except your previous What went wrong with TI9? thread).

Please also note that there is no chance to find out what exactly has happened, since you have already uninstalled Acronis True Image and cleaned your hard drive.

I would suggest you to install either Acronis True Image 9.0 or Acronis True Image 8.0 (actually, version 9.0 is preferred, since we are no longer able to provide technical support to customers who are using Acronis True Image 8.0 because we have released a new version and do not develop the old one anymore).

If the problem will appear again then please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post before uninstalling the program and cleaning your hard drive.

Please also collect the following information:

- Acronis True Image 9.0 log which can be saved from Tools -> Show Log -> Diskette icon;

- What exactly do you mean when saying that you "cleaned computer"? How did you do this?

- Describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step.

Submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

4. gm10

gm10 Registered Member

Hello Alexey,
    Thank you for the reply.
    I did not answer right away because my computer was at a computer shop. After I have posted my original message, I found that the problem was still here even after I removed TI8. All of a sudden I was losing all of the free space in my hard drive.
    I took it to a computer shop to check for possible viruses or worms. Very thorough scans found nothing. The technician, a very skilled one - I know him for years, told me that the problem was most probably caused by a windows program called "System Restore" or something like that. He disabled that function and the computer runs OK now.
    Since I've never had that problem until I installed TI9, is there a chance that TI9 turns that function ON inadvertenly.
    I keep asking because I'd like to get TI running on my computer, but I am afraid to loose the data which my business so depends on.

Thanks in advance for the help,

Boris

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello gm10,

I have just consulted with the respective person from our Development Team and he assured me that it is impossible.

Therefore I'm inclined to believe that this problem is not related to Acronis software.

I would suggest you to download and install the latest build (2302) of Acronis True Image 9.0 which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/ and continue using your PC as usual.

In case the problem will appear again, please do as I have suggested in my previous post #3. We will certainly try find out whether this problem is related to Acronis True Image 9.0.

If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.