What was the last Raxco version/build of FD-ISR?

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by Birdman, Mar 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Birdman

Birdman Registered Member

Was it v3.21 Build 205?

I don't know what's up w/ the latest versions, but my snapshots (internal and external) are all getting corrupted when importing from an external drive or booting from current drive. Also every now and then I get a FD-ISR internal "23 error" message.

I'm not sure if it's related to VSS service.....but the Raxco version(s) were very stable for me.

Thanks in advance.

2. tony62

tony62 Registered Member

Hi Birdman,
    v3.21 Build 205 was the very latest I had from Raxco.
    Have you tried this:

Attached Files:

3. Birdman

Birdman Registered Member

Thanks for the confirm Tony. I did have it on the default VSS in the post-Raxco versions, but I just installed the Raxco version and did switch it to RSS and no issues whatsoever.

Maybe it's just me, but I feel that the Raxco FD-ISR is more stable than the current versions (at least for my experience).

As they say, newer is NOT always better. Regardless, FD-ISR is a damn fine software. :thumb:

4. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Ditto.

It's not just you, the Raxco version "IS" more stable and Pete can belly-ache all he wants, but he knows deep inside as a former huge supporter of the Raxco version that he benefited greatly himself as everyone else has, and some still do, from the Raxco versions. All softwares have a Sweet Spot! There will always be that single one version that eclipses even newer models and that remains the case AFAIK from actual experience to this very day and always will.

Your point is IMO is a very valid & honest determination. The eyes have it. Results cannot be denied, they can be discounted for various reasons, but the proofs remain undeniable when they just keep proving themselves over and over again in comparison to their counterparts.

5. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

I'm using the .235 version right now. I've never exported/imported snapshots in this or any previous build because I see no need to. Using RSS I occasionally restore from an archive on an external drive, and that has worked with no problems.

6. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Well for me the newer versions are just as stable, but out of curiousity, I wonder where you think the Raxco versions came from?

Raxco added there own signatures on top, and pretested before releasing, but other than that....

Also when you called support and had a problem, they usually said they needed to take it to the developer. Guess who that was?

7. crofttk

crofttk Registered Member

I would be very surprised if there were not users out there for which the latest build direct from Leapfrog is more stable and usable than the last build released through Raxco. Considering the differences among all our machines and software installations, I highly doubt anyone is in a position to say which build was "the best" -- it's simply not that simple!;)

8. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Last year when I was having a problem with FirstDefense (one of the very few ever) I was on the phone with Todd. He had me uninstall the Raxco version then delete all the remaining folders and files that were still left on my system, then reinstall HIS new version; forget exactly why he had me do this, don't remember if "being more stable" was part of it or not, but he did mention that Raxco had been doing something that was not exactly 100% of what he wanted, or something like that.

Acadia

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.