What was the last KPF (free) and how do I configure it?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by php111, Sep 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. php111

php111 Registered Member

Hello,

Are there any KPF users online at the moment? What was the last free version before Sunbelt took over? Where can I download it from? They are the easy questions. Lol.

I have no patients and very hard to learn. How do I configure my apps such as uTorrents, other apps such as Avira, my AV. I switched from Avast to Avira (about 2 or 3 days ago). I understand, no matter what FW I chose but to get maximum security. I must configure it properly. JPF team, suggested I try either KPF or Comodo. I chose KPF. How do I configure it for max security? Thank you for any help, and your time.

2. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

I'm not a Kerio user but FileHippo has the last free version Kerio Personal Firewall 4.2.2, besides other older versions.

3. php111

php111 Registered Member

Thank you! I have downloaded it.

I didn't install it. Who is a KPF user? Will someone please help me? Thank you for any help!

4. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

php111, you're welcomed. Searching the Net, this is as close as it gets regarding a User Guide for the old Kerio:

Kerio Personal Firewall 4.2

According to FileHippo, version 4.2 came out July 25, 2005 and version 4.2.2 on October 19, 2005 so perhaps there were only minor changes between them. I also found a newer guide version (2006): Sunbelt Kerio Personal Firewall 4 PDF that could bridge the knowledge gap.

At the very least, these guides will get you going until a Kerio user responds to your post. Take care.

5. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

All of the KPF versions up to present time function as free versions with a few features disabled, same as the 4.2.x ones before Sunbelt took over. The only 100% version is Kerio 2.1.5, completely rule based with a different gui, and not as easy to configure as the newer 4.xx versions. You can download the current version from Sunbelt and it will run for 30 days full featured, after which it reverts to a free version with a couple of things disabled, yet still perfectly good for most purposes...

6. php111

php111 Registered Member

Oh cool. What is the latest version as of right now? Where can I get it from?

7. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.