What to use for application control?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by COMPYPY, Nov 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. COMPYPY

COMPYPY Registered Member

Hi,
    one of my friend use quickheal internet security on his desktop but there is no option of application control in the firewall.
    What software he should use to control application to allow inbound and outbound connection.
    he cannot change security product as he already paid for it and he have 12 months of license.

2. JoeBlack40

JoeBlack40 Registered Member

I'm not familiar with Quickheal,but your friend must disable the suite's firewall and use Windows FW with TinyWall,Windows Firewall Notifier or Windows Firewall Control,you pick.Or he could install a third party Firewall.Free or paid.
    That's exactly what i did with my Avira IS.Disabled the Firewall part and i'm a happy user of Privatefirewall.

3. drakhil

drakhil Registered Member

hi ,
    Quick heal is a good antimalware solution you may upgrade to new version which also has cloud based protection , it used Intrusion detection and prevention technologies to control malicious application just mail support
    regards
    Akhil

4. sg09

sg09 Registered Member

Quick Heal uses Outpost firewall and so it does have application control.

5. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

What about Private Firewall ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.