What to do about helpsvc.exe

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by knowbodynow, Mar 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. knowbodynow

knowbodynow Guest

I recently bought ProcessGuard and I'm still very much at the learning stage. Every so often helpsvc.exe will try and start on my computer (Win XP Pro Sp2). I can't see why this program would suddenly start - which it will do even when I'm not actively using the computer. Should I just let ProcessGuard allow this program to start when it wants? I guess the option of just blocking it all the time isn't recommended?

Thanks,

Chris H.

2. earth1

earth1 Registered Member

Hi knowbodynow, welcome to Wilders. I don't think I have helpsvc.exe with Win2000, but there is information on it in the ProcessGuard program database on the DCS website. HINT: In order to see helpsvc.exe listed, you have to click on "Show All". See if this link helps.

3. knowbodynow

knowbodynow Guest

Thanks earth1, from the link you gave it seems OK to block it. I don't like running extra programs unless they are needed and I see no reason why helpsvc.exe would need to start by itself.

Cheers,

Chris H.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.