What the hell is Sysfader.exe ?

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by tempnexus, Mar 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toastter

toastter Registered Member

SOMEONE HELP BEFORE I KILL MY LAPPY

Here's the issue. I have this sys.fader just like everyone else here. I have tried changing my settings so that everything is being used for optimal performance, i have used spybot, adaware SE, norton antivirus, symantec, EMCO malware removal, tried run->config, tried run->regedit, tried to change my settings, tried uninstalling SP2 and reinstalling it, tried looking for files in add/Remove files, tried to get Hack This (have it on computer, but i can't open compressed files because of the sys.fader), tried a system restore (unable to restore), tried worm removal, and none of that made a dent in it. I think it came along with my SP2 files, but now it's gone beyond that i am afraid. My symantec was having issues before. I can't open control panel, many desktop items, my computer, my pictures, my music or anything found on that file genera. I don't know what i am supposed to do with this. I even tried that guys thing about the Run=>cmd=>attrib -r -h -s c:\boot.ini, and that didn't do anything really. If anyone comes up with a solution PLEASE help me. I can only function on Firefox, iTunes, and Word Processor as of late. I can also play media files if i access them through the player and not try to get to the files themselves.:mad: :mad: :mad: I am very pissed, and i don't have the slightest bit of patience for this thing anymore.

2. jay2

jay2 Guest

i got a problem... well i turn my computer on and it gets past the welcome screen... it loads explorer and then explorer freezes at loading my antivirus program. then i open task manager and close explorer.exe and then restart it. I have probally 3 seconds of explorer till it freezes again. In the three seconds i tried to open up My Computer and other folders. It doesnt open anything and i see "sysfader.exe" flash quicking under applicantions. i can do anything out of Task manager except anything using IE, such as My Computer or My Documents. I can use firefox and my interent and any programs otherwise. I ran my antivirus and cannot get anything. Any ideas?? I cannot use search either.

3. Tjoolder

Tjoolder Guest

Exactly the same here. I already did the shade thing in windows and the Nvidia.
    The last time I had to reboot it showed me the end process popup with the title of the program 'should not see me' o_O?
    I guess that the only thing left that it could be is virus/spyware.

4. FrankS1234

FrankS1234 Guest

Thanks,

Awesome. This fixed my problem. I had a problem with IE. Every time I tried to open a new session it reverted to and cancelled the open session. This worked for me. The file was associated with an ActiveX upgrade that a website attempt to install. The file was msjava.dll.

Thanks

5. wajing

wajing Guest

sysfader.exe is an process belonging to the Nvidia graphics device range and is bundled alongside these products. This is a non-critical system process although it should not be terminated unless suspected of causing problems.

http://www.processlibrary.com/directory/files/sysfader/

6. seev

seev Registered Member

I had the same problem with SYSFADER and NVIDIA graphics. The solution above worked like a charm. Thanks. Seev

7. ftd

ftd Guest

sysfader.exe appear in my task manager when my adobe acrobat reader doesnt start properly, should be from the adobe software

8. finder

finder Guest

solution for sysfader!!!!!!!!!

hey guys ,
    my system was also affected by this sysfader.exe,n it was not allowing me to access any ftp sites.i was searching for a solution for this.n i got the info abt it from symantec site saying that it will make some entries in registry.
    and i tried Microsoft Regclean.
    try this......
    ALL THE BEST

9. haiway

haiway Guest

I have meet this problem. My sysfader problem is caused the register. I have forbidden the window update item in start menu. You may check the your register ,start --> run-->regedit.exe ,find the key as follow:
    [HKEY-CURRENT-USER\SOFTWARE\MCROSOFT\WINDOWS\POLICIES\EXPLORER], you may find the item NoCommonGroups , and its value is 1. Then you should change the value as 0 ,and restart your computer. Maybe ,your problem will be resovled.
    I wish it will help you.

10. _stef

_stef Guest

Originally Posted by DFP
    I've also encountered this problem -- it is a real pain. I think I have found a temporary fix. I noticed when I opened Tools>>Manage Add-ons in IE that there were some add-ons that were enabled that I had no clue what they were or why they were running. I simply disabled them and now things work fine -- for now anyway. Hope this helps.

DFP

It Worked !!
    a big thank you!

11. TingB6

TingB6 Registered Member

I also had problems with Sysfader. They manifested as being unable to click almost everything when NOT attached to the inet. When attached all was OK. When shutting down, got warning about Sysfader refusing to end, and would have to pull power to get the box down.

I'm running Win2K Server SP4. Here's what fixed it.

Booted to Safe Mode.
    Uninstalled a recently-installed program, DivX player.
    Removed Zone Alarm from Startup folder.
    In Regedit, searched for "fader" (NOT "sysfader") and found an entry under HKey current user/software/microsoft/internet explorer/explorer bars/{C4EEfoo}/[some other folder that isn't there in XPP]. Changed the data to "faderOLD". In same folder there were a Winshow and Winlink items. Changed both of them to "OLD" too.
    Rebooted and problem gone.

Did not check midpoint, so not sure which item did the trick.

Previous searches for a "fader" program turned up nothing, and unchecking the fade effect in Display as noted elsewhere above had no effect.
    I also am not running Nvidia and there were no listings for it in registry.

Don't think it's a virus (and Trend had no listing). Possibly related to Zone Alarm?

Thanks all!

12. Confused Bob

Confused Bob Guest

Hey Hey!!! It worked. This error has been plaguing my 'puter for months now, making it useless. An I got the error on the most basic icons for control when I upgraded to Windows XP SP2. Worked fine when using WIN98. I juggled the memory, uninstalled and reinstalled the operating system countless of times, and tried virus software. All a waste of time in my case. On a chance and the advice of you good people I disabled all of the plug-ins in Internet Explorer. It seems to work fine, now. Now I'll re-activate each, one at a time to see which one is the culprit. Playing with fire here, but i like some of the plug-ins like Shockwave.

Thank you all!
    Smilin' Bob

13. kittysdoc

kittysdoc Guest

Found sysfader and winshow in :-

Hkey_Current_user/Software/Microsoft/Search Assistant/ACMru/5603

search assistant is basically needed it (can cause problems if deleted)

Going to delete the 5603 key and see if that sorts my problem...noticed it about 15 mins ago.

Seems like this is attatched to C:\windows\srchasst\

14. upanther

upanther Guest

Sysfader is on some computers and not others . . . because it is part of the Nvidia video card install. It isn't a virus or spyware. I do not have it on the computer that I am working on right now, but if it is causing you problems, you may want to uninstall/reinstall your video software and drivers.

15. Same as above:

Process File: sysfader or sysfader.exe
    Process Name: NVidia Graphics Utility

Description:
    sysfader.exe is an process belonging to the Nvidia graphics device range and is bundled alongside these products. This is a non-critical system process although it should not be terminated unless suspected of causing problems.

16. NeilS

NeilS Guest

I just re-formatted my HD because IE turned unresponsive as soon as I tried to to access another website to research the problem. Having read all of the responses I won't make the same mistake again.

Thank you all!!

17. ujjvala

ujjvala Guest

Hi Kitty,

Did you search for sysfader? That's the registry where the search application stores the recent search keywords. Search Assistant will not be affected on deleting it.

18. ujjvala

ujjvala Guest

Issue with yahoo Messenger.

It all started with trying to click on yahoo messenger and the process shows for a few seconds before crashing.
    On the taskmanager, everytime I bring up yahoo messenger, the sysfader.exe gets fired up and then ypager.exe, which eventually disappears along with sysfader.exe

I have disabled sysfader by unchecking the "User the following transition effects for tools and menus" on Desktop properties -> appearance -> effects.

My yahoo messenger is still crashing thought now I don't see sysfader firing up.

I found a debugger and traced the stack uwind for the crashing process.

80000000`0
    eueoeqi!CoolGetVersion+2de7
    eueoeqi!CoolGetVersion+2f9c
    ntdll!LdrpCallInitRoutine+14
    ntdll!LdrpRunInitializeRoutines+344
    ntdll!LdrpLoadDll+3e5
    ntdll!LdrLoadDll+230
    kernel32!LoadLibraryExW+18e
    YbSkin2+2741
    user32!__ClientLoadLibrary+32
    ntdll!KiUserCallbackDispatcher+13
    user32!NtUserCallNextHookEx+c
    YbSkin2+12d14
    user32!DispatchHookA+101
    user32!CallHookWithSEH+21
    user32!__fnHkINLPMSG+25
    user32!NtUserPeekMessage+c
    user32!PeekMessageW+bc
    user32!DialogBox2+e4
    user32!InternalDialogBox+d0
    user32!DialogBoxIndirectParamAorW+37
    user32!DialogBoxParamA+4c
    YPager+88e23
    YPager+47623
    YPager+4c366
    YPager+4598a
    user32!InternalCallWinProc+28
    user32!UserCallWinProcCheckWow+ea
    user32!DispatchClientMessage+a3
    user32!__fnINLPCREATESTRUCT+8b
    user32!NtUserCreateWindowEx+c
    user32!_CreateWindowEx+1ed
    user32!CreateWindowExA+33
    YPager+45d26
    YPager+469d0
    YPager+486d2
    YPager+99684
    YPager+9a946
    ntdll!RtlGetFullPathName_Ustr+736
    ntdll!RtlGetFullPathName_Ustr+746
    80000000`0
    ntdll!FastPebLock
    ntdll!FastPebLock

Any idea what eueoeqi.dll is all about? Looks more likely to be a yahoo app. Any idea how I can report this to them?

Thanks in advance,
    ujjvala

19. visual

visual Guest

I fixed this problem by disabled some of the IE plugins.
    Thank you for your help.

20. kellerman

kellerman Registered Member

Wow, I've read every one of these posts/solutions and I am amazed at the variety of suggestions! Anyway, I'll just throw another monkeywrench in and see what happens.

This sysfader thing seems to hang up and 'crash' my open programs, periodically. My Dell xps won't shut down and I have to unplug it from the wall and start over. Prior to the sysfader.exe thing coming up and hanging, I have the same window popping up saying that Dell Media Experience can't be shut down (through Windows TAsk Manager) -- the thing is I never USE Dell Media Experience, but it keeps apparently starting up in the background and screwing with my tasking - IE will stop opening, pgs won't load, and everything comes to a HALT. So then after I try to shut everything down w/ ctr/alt/del, eventually it comes down to "Dell Media Experience" is having trouble, blah blah, but like I said I don't use it, and then after that, the last thing is "sysfader.exe can't shut down blah blah" or whatever. On my computer, these 2 things are related, don't know why, other than that I never hear from them... but it happening fairly regularly lately. Today I deleted Dell Media Experience from my computer ,so we'll see. It may be a sound card, or video card or something issue related to the media experience..? I don't have Nvidia, I have an ATI Radeon 9800. I do use Windows Media Player a LOT, so whether that corresponds to when I use that, I don't know yet, I just removed the Dell Media Experience from my computer and am 'hopeful'. LOL! Thanks for all of the suggestions, though, I am preparing to try the Display properties ideas if I continue to have a problem.

21. racoonracer

racoonracer Registered Member

I had this sysfader problem at work where Internet Explorer v6 works perfectly but whenever java was loaded, IE would crash and the sysfader.exe IExplorer memoery error at 0x0000xxxx - 0x00000xxxx.

After five hours, and the big urge to just reinstall his HD, i decided to remove all the damn toolbars that loaded with IE, specifically the yahoo toolbar which fixed the problem.

try and remove your toolbars from IE if you go sysfader problem with IE

22. Lionhead

Lionhead Registered Member

23. Kritheon

Kritheon Registered Member

Thank you! After trying everything through the first 5 pages, this fixed it. Now I don't expect it to work for everyone because it seems that this general error can come from numerous possibilities, but this one fixed mine.

Specifics:

--A lady brought her computer to me because she couldn't play Yahoo! games Euchre online. As soon as she logged in then clicked on the game link, IE would break and give that general sysfader error.

Solution:

--Driver updates didn't help. Updating to IE7 didn't help. Virus and Spyware scans revealed nothing (no viruses and only a few minor spyware issues). ran with the newest AVG, A2squared, Spybot, and Defender as of November 1, 2006.

--Used the above quote to go into the addons portion of IE7 and turned off the Sun Java addon (cause previous posts mentioned java). Afterwards no more error.

->I haven't reviewed this any further, I'm just happy to post that I fixed my sysfader thing. :D

**Small UPDATE: Seems the computer had a bad java runtime install. Uninstalled then updated to the newest version and everything is kosher. She can even play her yahoo games again. Noice!

Last edited: Nov 1, 2006
  24. WizardMaster

WizardMaster Registered Member

Either me too...... When I restart the computer came popup the taskmanager show a delay timer. I looked a SYSFADER.EXE. Then I click "End Task" button. Gone to Re-boot up.

Until ready the PC, I search the SYSFADER.EXE not found. Then I search a Registry not found. Bit Weird !

I think SYSFADER.EXE came from internet. o_O :doubt:

Do you think ?

25. Nick_morris

Nick_morris Registered Member

I have been suffering from the Sysfader problem on a lot of curriculum computers, mainly on the Educational Websites such as bbc.co.uk. By removing RealPlayer it resolves the problem. Of course I am now bound to get asked for Realplayer to be reinstalled on some PC's. Any ideas welcome!

Nick.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.