What the hell is Sysfader.exe ?

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by tempnexus, Mar 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zone alarm

Zone alarm Guest

also i have this problem and it al started when i installed Zone alarm. Maybe thats the problemo_Oo_O

2. ???????

??????? Guest

last week I installed Zone alarm, after a few days my computer was responding strange, as example: when I went to start>search, my computer just crasht for a minute and after that it runs further as if noting has happen.
    so now i can't use the search button. When I shutdown my computer it gives a error of that sysfader. Before Zone alarm there was nothing wrong. but one thing is certain, it's not a virus. Now I can't even open some website's. And if someone know's the answer: what is connectionstrayo_O

3. pmore

pmore Guest

I have a sysfader.exe program which in my case is a valid Soundblaster Live program installed with my card.

http://philippe-moreau.com

4. Someone else

Someone else Guest

It's nothing to do with ZoneAlarm. I don't have ZA, but I just found out today I have Sysfader being executed with each (and only with) IExplorer.

(XP). Hope this helps eliminating..

5. KKENNED3

KKENNED3 Registered Member

like many others, could not log into firefox. got brief "SysFader" in Task Manager 'Applications'. Firefox showed in 'Processes' but would not come up. Stopped Process "soffice.exe" and was able to load firefox. still don't know why.

6. franck H

franck H Guest

hello mesdames ,messieurs.....
    j'ai ce probleme...je l'ai localisé avec "regedit"
    mais je ne sais que faire maintenant.....
    alors très grand sera mon plaisir ....de lire alors vos suggestions!
    Voici ma démarche..
    executer REGEDIT
    EDITION
    RECHERCHER....."sysfader"
    AND it was here!!!!!!!!!!
    filesnamedMRU
    thank you very much for answers
    franck

7. Helius

Helius Guest

What our you find in the regedit is a record of the files that you just try to find with the Explorer, every time you make a file search, its get registered there, and when you are about to start another file search, the explorer pops a list of the ten last file searches.

8. kaller

kaller Guest

Its the winshow trojan, thats what it is

9. Mahi

Mahi Guest

Re: how to remove Sysfader.exe ?

I have XP SP2 on the computer. I see SysFader in the Task Manager as an application. Would like to know what's happenin' and how I can stop it!

10. the answer

the answer Guest

If you want to cure this problem, download "Security Task Manager" . I found out EXACTLY what was running in my background it it took care of it.. The program I had problems with was a software called "navexcel".

11. fozzi

fozzi Guest

Sysfader is not a virus. It seems to be installed with nVidia drivers.
    My display driver is provided by nVidia. It offers all kinds of options and one of them is the culprit. The solution is Go to START > CONTROL PANEL > DISPLAY > NVIDIA NVIEW DESKTOP MANAGER > tab DESKTOP MANAGEMENT > PROPERTIES > tab APPEARANCE > EFFECTS and uncheck the FADE EFFECT option. God knows what it does but unchecking it solves the problem.

12. linney

linney Registered Member

13. Chanties

Chanties Guest

I seem to have similar problem, but the Sysfader.exe wasnt as obviously shown as in the above mentioned cases.

For the past few months, whenever I go online, after a while my CPU seems to overide and then my computer crashes and restarts.

I have also noticed that in all these cases I have had a problem goin into Outlook express and giving me an error sign The connection to the server has failed..... Error Number: 0x800CCC0E.

Accidentally, while going into outlook express i have my windows task manager open on the Applications and on my screen quickly flashed Sysfader.exe.

I noticed that everytime i go into outlook express or into IE and even some f my other programs, Sysfader seems to activate

What does this mean?

And what can i do to correct the problem. My computer sometimes shuts down like this 4 times after each other

HELP!

14. Chanties

Chanties Guest

Thanks,

I'm going to try it out. Hope it works!

15. ggerri.com

ggerri.com Guest

16. Mi2chel

Mi2chel Guest

it is a spyware or trojan!!!!!

Scan hard drive disk with ad-aware se and remove all spywares

good luck

17. xyzz

xyzz Guest

Unhelpful remark removed Pilli

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2004
  18. lamjam

lamjam Guest

I have been experiencing the same problem except the file is Lexpps.exe which I know has something to do with my Lexmark printer. I've seen a few forums where people had this issue with the same file as me and they were told to delete the file. I don't want to do that and have my printer stop working. Has anyone had the "memory could not be written" error with this file (Lexpps.exe)?

Any thoughts on what to do here?
    Thanks!

19. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

You could try renaming the file to something like Lexpps.bak. - Re-boot your computer and check that your printer works OK.

Pilli

20. bigbuck

bigbuck Registered Member

From http://www.answersthatwork.com/
    Lexpps.exe
    Lexmark Printer Port Scanner. Background task which auto-loads with the rest of the printer drivers and which allows your Lexmark X or Z Series to be shared over a Windows peer-to-peer network using the conventional method of setting up a shared networked printer (without it, you will not be able to share the printer using the conventional Windows method).

Recommendation :
    This task is a comprehensive nightmare. From preventing your PC from booting up, to interfering with your network card, to asking your Internet firewall for permission to install itself as a server application, to general PC instability, this task has everything to make you instantly return your Lexmark X or Z Series printer and go for something else, and some users have done so !! In order to regain your sanity the first thing to do is to rename LEXPPS.EXE to LEXPPS.EXE.OLD (do it in Safe Mode if you cannot boot your PC normally) – this will ensure that this task never loads and will cure all the problems that it causes. If you need to network the printer over a peer to peer network, do not use the standard manner, instead install the printer as a local printer on the remote PC, and then go and change the port from a local port to the network share that the printer is known as.

21. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi bigbuck, Thanks for the elaboration :)

Pilli

22. Smokey

Smokey Registered Member

I know you are very wise and have knowledge about everything, but I didn't find in your reply a solution to solve the problem.:rolleyes:

Ciao,

Smokey

23. bigbuck

Guest!

24. Smokey

Smokey Registered Member

I know, guest are welcome on Wilders and that's ok.
    We must be polite against every guest, but it should not be a one-way road.

Ciao,

Smokey

Last edited: Dec 27, 2004
  25. bigbuck

But the guest was not too polite in this case!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.