What the hell happened to SuperAntiSpyware? Is it still worth installing?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by GrammatonCleric, Sep 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrammatonCleric

GrammatonCleric Registered Member

I have two lifetime licenses and I just found them in my drawer. Is the software still worth installing? I mean SAS and MBAM used to the "Dark Knights" back in the day.

2. biscuits

biscuits Registered Member

SuperAntiSpyware is having bad rep. as of late. It is best though to test it if you have the time.

3. guest

guest Guest

Last time I tried SAS it made my CPU usage constantly goes high. Tried the portable version as well, same problem. :doubt:

4. Carver

Carver Registered Member

I had the same but with spikes.

5. woomera

woomera Registered Member

it doesnt find anything critical and the detection rat overall is way low!

use roguekiller,adwcleaner and mbam.

6. Frank the Perv

Frank the Perv Banned

It is worthless and useless.

7. nsm0220

nsm0220 Registered Member

that anti malware should be in dumps because its useless now

8. ance

ance formerly: fmon

It's useless.

9. J_L

J_L Registered Member

I gave it plenty of chances and even defended it before, but 'twas all for nought. Didn't fix any of my issues or improved in malware detection at all.

10. Snoop3

Snoop3 Registered Member

think the product was sold a few years ago to another company and since then the complaints have been steady including i believe there was some discussion in their forums that they didn't want to honor the lifetime licenses (which i have one of). i hadn't used it for a few years and then i tested it recently to see if it would detect known adware and it generally failed.

11. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

I have had a lifetime SAS Pro for some years. I have kept it on demand to find data miners and delete bad cookies. Other than that I don't know how good it is, because I haven't been infected in years. MBAM scans my computer every night and finds nothing, so I don't know if SAS is good or not.

12. hogndog

hogndog Registered Member

I used to use it until they changed hands, its almost as if it was sabotaged. My registry started having extra elements show up that were difficult to delete, bad went to worse so i wouldn't recommend installing it..

Sad to see it go like that..
    Hogndog

13. Frank the Perv

Frank the Perv Banned

14. ance

ance formerly: fmon

15. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Wasn't even good for that, kept detecting things like my Google sessions and other useful cookies, valid registry entries as malware remnants, and whatnot. I could just whitelist, but it's not worth the effort.

16. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

I said it was crap years ago! but nobody listened, maybe you'll take note next time :cautious:

17. Overkill

Overkill Registered Member

I tested it a few days ago and it didn't do very well, I mainly use it for adware not major infections

18. gery

gery Registered Member

it is being given away everywhere on internet . I have a lifetime license but not been using it since a year ago as i found it pretty useless as it found nothing at all All logs report nothing but some cookies here and there. Well i just let it go and did not regret since. I also uninstalled MBAM and jut use Eset for everything. Nothing is allowed her. It is up to you though to decide whether you need it or not

19. JohnBurns

JohnBurns Registered Member

What if one doesn't want an additional anti-virus, doesn't Eset include anti-virus?

About SAS CPU usage, GrafZepplin, I don't find that - in fact, I never notice that it's running, and I use CoreTemp with CPU usage enabled so I can see in my taskbar what is running. Granted, SAS hasn't found much on my pc's but neither has MBAM. However, I do keep my pc's clean.....so they shouldn't find much. I guess it's all in how you perceive what is going on with an app.

20. guest

guest Guest

Well I did, when scanning, some years ago.

21. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

We'll see how long it takes for the former developer Nick to pop on here and claim he is being personally attacked, demanding the thread be deleted, then going to his web site forum to delete all complaints posted by users. Odd how the promises about SuperAdBlocker were never met and the forum there has deleted all references to the product. So much for those lifetime licenses that had not seen an update to the product since way back around, what, 2007? Prior to the Vista OS release, whenever that was. So they just kill the product instead. How an outright corrupt developer gets orange letters in his name here on this site is beyond me.

22. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

Superantispyware was a very highly thought of program years ago and had a strong userbase.Sad to see it decline now.
    To say the developer is corrupt is rather harsh considering the userbase years ago.

23. Behold Eck

Behold Eck Registered Member

At first there was spybot and adaware to back-up your AV of choice and then it was SAS and Mbam and now its HMP and Mbam.

It`s funny how things change. Must give it another whirl(on-demand) just to see how it fairs and then I`ll be able to make my own decision about it`s effectiveness or not.

Might still be good against PUPs ?

24. Frank the Perv

Frank the Perv Banned

It may be harsh.

It also may be true.

Nick (SAS developer) is a classless liar who embarrassed himself regularly. By the end (of his time here at Wilders) -- he was pretty close to a snake oil salesman (con man) who would answer almost nothing straight, and he took zero responsibility for the products horrible results and horrible customer service.

Thankfully he is gone.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2013
  25. GravesZ

GravesZ Registered Member

I stopped bothering with it a long time ago. Seems to slow every computer down it is on. I tend to uninstall it now when working on one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.