What should I do?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Kinsley, Oct 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kinsley

Kinsley Guest

Please help as I have been waiting 3 days from ACRONIS support and have not heard back. So far ACRONIS support is the WORST in the industry.

Here is what happened:
    a) I have a server with 2 raid drives: C: and E: on raid level 0. I created a fullbackup on September 10. On drive E: is a temp database for oracle server.

b) October3, I tried to activate the Recovery Manager and it crashed while trying to resize the partition. So I lost drive E:

c) October4, I make a full backup image of drive C:

d) October 5, Since I haven't heard back from Acronis support of what to do, I went ahead and did a recovery from the full backup image of September 10.

e) After the recovery, I had problems:
    1) can't log on to the domain controller
    2) my oracle server is broken

f) October 6, I got help from John on this forum and was able to connect my server back to the domain controller
    I still have problem with my oracle server is down.

*** My biggest question now is: should I try to do the recover from full backup image on October 4 where the drive e: partition is lost in this image.
    I afraid that the recovery will put me back to the same old problem on October 3rd.

or what should I do? I need to get my oracle server working.

Thanks so much in advance.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Kinsley,

Please let me know your Acronis request # which was sent to you in autoreply to your letter to Acronis Support Team. I will find out the reason for the delay and help you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.