What phone do you use?

Discussion in 'polls' started by ams963, Sep 26, 2013.

?

What phone do you use?

Poll closed Mar 25, 2014.
  1. Acer

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Alcatel

2 vote(s)
    1.2%
  3. Apple

28 vote(s)
    16.3%
  4. Asus

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Blackberry

9 vote(s)
    5.2%
  6. Celkon

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Dell

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Gigabyte

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Haier

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. HTC

15 vote(s)
    8.7%
  11. Huawei

4 vote(s)
    2.3%
  12. Karbonn

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. Lenovo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. LG

20 vote(s)
    11.6%
  15. Micromax

1 vote(s)
    0.6%
  16. Motorola

9 vote(s)
    5.2%
  17. Nokia

32 vote(s)
    18.6%
  18. Samsung

57 vote(s)
    33.1%
  19. Sony

8 vote(s)
    4.7%
  20. Spice

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  21. T-Mobile

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  22. ZTE

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  23. Others - please mention

13 vote(s)
    7.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. ance

ance formerly: fmon

Samsung. :)

2. Cruise

Cruise Registered Member

iPhone 5 and I like it a lot. It's built very well, no problems whatsoever, and the iOS apps are something else.

3. Noob

Noob Registered Member

You can always root and install custom ROMs with Samsung devices. Very easy. :D

4. Banzi

Banzi Registered Member

Heh I usually do that after a day or two of suffering with the samsung stock rom.

Personal fav custom roms are LiquidSmooth 4.2.2 but at moment I using SlimBean 4.3.1

Samsung stock rom is over 1.3GB, the custom roms above are just over 100MB lol

5. ZeroDay

ZeroDay Registered Member

Just switched from an iPhone 5 to a Nexus 5. Freedom...:)

6. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Im running SlimBean 4.3 Build 2.2 Im waiting for stable SlimKat or at least for them to fix most bugs! :D :thumb:
    Slim Roms is like the successor to Cyanogen since it converted into a business.

7. Banzi

Banzi Registered Member

LiquidSmooth 2x up to 2.8 were my favs, 2.9 messed up with silly animation transitions & constant systemUI crashes when getting notifications. Tried the 4.3 build but they had removed a few features I used.

Gotta say I love SlimBean, same build as you & it runs great with Yank kernel.

Only issues I have with it are ringtones are slightly distorted at volume & some judder when using apps that scroll left to right.

Also waiting on The KitKat build of SlimBean to hit stable as well :)

SlimRoms do seem to be the new CM as you say :)

8. ReverseGear

ReverseGear Guest

I think noob has the international version while banzi has some variant because i have the international version n7100 and have never heard of yank kernel and liquidsmooth

9. Banzi

Banzi Registered Member

I'm in the UK so it a Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 International version I have.

Link to the SlimBean forum & LiquidSmooth forum both on XDA Forums

10. Noob

Noob Registered Member

I also have the international version but i never flash kernels. I just go with what the ROM came with. :D

11. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

I finally decided on my No-Contract smartphone upgrade. It is not much of an upgrade, but I really don't need much of an upgrade. My criteria:

1. Dual Core CPU versus my current Single Core CPU.
    2. 1 GB versus my current 512 MB.
    3. Works with my current Tethering App
    4. Larger Screen Size: Not much of an increase (3.7" to 4.0")
    5. Good Performance for the Price Paid (Best Value)
    6. Optional Extended Battery

Current Phone: Samsung Galaxy Exhibit II 4G
    New Phone: Samsung Galaxy Exhibit S Blaze 4G

The New Phone Technology is two years old, but it should fit my needs. My current phone is almost good enough for my needs. I primarily use the phone as a phone with some Tethering.

12. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

My new Samsung Galaxy Exhibit S Blaze 4G is working out fine for me.

The only negatives that I have ran into are:

1. The battery life is a little less than the phone that I upgraded from. However, the new slightly lower battery life is still reasonable. I still have the option of upgrading to an Extended Battery (Twice the size of the current battery). However, I cannot find a case to fit the phone with the Extended Battery installed. I would feel better having a case just in case I drop the phone.

2. My Tethering App's WiFi Tethering will not work because the phone came with Android 4.0.4 installed. Android 4.0.4 blocks WiFi Tethering Apps. However, I found out that T-Mobile does not charge for WiFi Tethering with my current monthly plan. The Android 4.0.4 built-in Tethering functions works well enough.

13. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

It's a shame some networks in the US require the use of tethering apps, when all Android phones have built in tethering.

But, with regard to tethering apps being blocked, it's only because the firmware your carrier is using does so, it's not a feature of Android 4.0.4.

14. Noob

Noob Registered Member

I once used to know everything about T-Mobile and their policies for contracts, plans, etc. :rolleyes:

15. Virmaline

Virmaline Registered Member

Legacy OS BlackBerry. Security of the data stored on my handset and its micro sd card is of utmost importance to me. BlackBerry meets my security needs because:

1. BlackBerry uses the AES.
    2. Cellebrite UFED equipment cannot circumvent the password of a locked BlackBerry. Many iOS and Android devices are vulnerable. Police and other UFED users can simply plug their UFED equipment into the micro usb ports of vulnerable Apple and Android os devices and download all stored data in a matter of minutes. The only way to extract data from a locked BlackBerry is to do chipoff. The memory chip has to be removed from the device, and data has to be extracted from the hardware. And even if a chipoff is successfully performed, the forensic lab still has the task of trying to decrypt the data obtained if encryption has been turned on.
    3. BlackBerry allows a maximum of ten password attempts. If ten tries is exceeded, the device undergoes a security wipe. (The user can also use other means to initiate a security wipe.)
    4. Older BlackBerry devices like mine run on the BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS). BIS comes with an @carrier.blackberry.net email address which is only accessible from the BlackBerry handset. To me this is a valuable security feature. I use this email address for my most important emails and for password reset emails on my more important online accounts. No one will be able to hack this email address from a pc terminal.

16. dogbite

dogbite Registered Member

Switched from crappy blackberry to Iphone. Thanks god.

(I would have preferred to Android, but this is already a 10 years step ahead).

17. Virmaline

Virmaline Registered Member

Why anyone for whom security is a concern would want anything other than a BlackBerry is a mystery to me. I have no love for BGR, but once in a while it gets something right. The following article has some good points:

BlackBerry Laughs at Samsung's Knox Security Struggles

"BlackBerry Global Enterprise Services president John Sims this week wrote up a scathing putdown of Samsung’s Knox security service, which he deemed woefully inadequate compared with BlackBerry’s own mobile security offerings.

"'Samsung announced Knox at Mobile World Congress in February 2013, and nearly a year later customers are still waiting to go into full production,' Sims writes. 'Frankly, this is because security is hard and it is not possible to condense thousands of person years of learning into 12 short months.'"

Security is hard. If you want secure, get a BlackBerry. If "fun" trumps security, get an ifone or android phone.

18. J_L

J_L Registered Member

So Android and iOS are all fun and games? Sounds like you've never tried them beyond the surface, much less tinker with rooting and whatnot. A good example is Guardian Rom, which you can find right here on Wilders. Although iOS may be inferior, it's hardly only for fun.

19. mattdocs12345

mattdocs12345 Registered Member

Why anyone for whom security is a concern would want anything other than a Guardian Rom is a mystery to me.

20. Dumb_Old_Fart

Dumb_Old_Fart Infrequent Poster

umm beats me old lg slide out keyboard

safelink gov paid service through trak fone

good enough for me screw all these stinking smart crap

kill you because it or you is doing whatever walking driving etc

hey you tube phones so funny playing with smart phones and running into poles walking etc

or search and lots of good vids of destroying the stupid things

o and what is this stupid phone pic and video crap cameras take better pics any day

use photo software and compare what pixels out first phone or camera

the phone always looses cameras if good you can zoom till it dont look like anything and still not pixeled out

o well im old and hate new crap

21. SPRINTMAN

SPRINTMAN Registered Member

iPhone 4S 32GB in an Otterbox Armor case. Bulletproof combo.

22. Saint Satin Stain

Saint Satin Stain Registered Member

Huntsville, AL and Greenwich Village, NYC
    Nexus 4 because it's unlocked, quadcore, 2 gigs of ram, as close to pure Android as possible, no skin, no carrier features, and no carrier or handset maker bloat; it's also perfect phone to root to expand on potential features. It was best in its time and feature class, superseded only by the Nexus 5. If you like lots of superficial, often i and eye candy, buy a carrier designed phone with its bloat.

23. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Just yesterday my cellphone shut off randomly and didnt want to turn on.
    After trying for an hour or so it turned on. ~snipped~

possibly offensive phrase removed~stapp

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2014
  24. Cloudcroft

Cloudcroft Registered Member

Motorola Razr Maxx HD

25. guest

guest Guest

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.