What OS does your cellphone have?

Discussion in 'polls' started by Noob, Jan 10, 2012.

?

What OS does your cellphone has?

1. Android

49.7%
  2. iOS

13.4%
  3. BlackBerry OS

7.6%
  4. Symbian (All variations including S40)

7.0%
  5. Windows

7.6%
  6. Bada

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Feature Phone (Specify Make/Model)

2.5%
  8. Other (Specify)

12.1%
  1. x942

x942 Guest

Considering Blackberry is rated as the most secure I am supprised most members here aren't using that lol

2. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Where's your source?

Even if it's the most secure (by default), people here tend to prefer being in control of their own security and privacy.

3. x942

x942 Guest

My remark was sarcastic ;) But google BBOS 7 Secure and you will find several whitepapers that rate it the most secure. I think android is more secure since I can flash an Open Source ROM (I can audit it for backdoors) and patch in a secure kernel if needed (GRSecurity).

Open Source security > Proprietary security everytime :)

4. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Bad news guys, someone stole my SGSII, now im using a Nokia 100.

5. J_L

J_L Registered Member

And you have no anti-theft, not even Samsung DIVE, which comes with your Samsung account...

6. Noob

Noob Registered Member

I did have Kaspersky Mobile Security but once they removed the battery and the SIM card i could no longer track them.
    I never knew about Samsung Dive :O

7. ReverseGear

ReverseGear Guest

But once they put a new sim card wont the phone lock down ? i dont know how kaspersky's anti theft works but avast anti theft would block down ur phone

8. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Yes it will be locked down . . . but if they flash it then all hope is lost. :rolleyes:
    I already reported it as a stolen device so my carrier blocked the IMEI.

9. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Bad luck meeting more technical thieves. So they never leaked any WiFi or GPS data either?
    I don't know much about it either, but it's worth trying as a backup.

This may help in the future, in addition to the usual recovery-based anti-theft: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mmapps.mobile.anti.theft.alarm

10. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Well to be honest with you it was much more than regular thieves . . . it was an armed robbery in my house, they were pointing me with a gun . . . :( :mad:

The first thing i did was lock down the device which i did successfully (Yes, i did call the police first) and then i started to track them down, at one point it seems that they noticed i locked it, most probably due to my friends texting me and they shut it down. I got at least 10-15 tracking locations but lost them at the end.
    Police are kinda useless here so that's another story. (I was receiving updates every 2-3 minutes and they couldn't stop them, the robbers drove around in a radius of approximately 5k the first 20 minutes and the police failed, in fact i think they got through a police check point that they setup before this happenedsince they were looking for some drug dealers)

F*** those robbers.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.