What Microsoft OS did u start with?

Discussion in 'polls' started by nadirah, Jun 20, 2004.

?

What Microsoft OS did you start with?

Poll closed Aug 19, 2004.
  1. Windows 1.0 and MS-DOS

31.8%
  2. Windows 2.0

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Windows 3.0

16.7%
  4. Windows 3.1/3.11 for Workgroups

16.7%
  5. Windows NT 3.1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Windows 95

13.6%
  7. Windows NT 4.0

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Windows 98 and Windows 98 SE

13.6%
  9. Windows 2000

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Windows XP home edition and professional

7.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xaq

Xaq Registered Member

My House, it's on that street with the thing
    I never had a computer until not to long ago. When I was younger I'd go over to others houses and play on their computers. Or I had this nifty box that you could draw programs on ( :) it doubled as a tv to!!) My first real computer I acctualy got only about 3 years ago. It was an old 98(well, I guess its not that old compared to everyone elses first) I got for free (which wasnt bad) and it had so much crap on it it was unreal. Good times, good times.

2. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

The first computer I used was a friends H/P with Windows 98.
    After using that for a few months I bought my first personal computer(H/P) with XP Home edition.

3. TheProfessor

TheProfessor Registered Member

I started with windows 95 in 1996. I have been working with windows for a long time, but then i started using linux. Now im back with windows XP Professional. :)

4. sir_carew

sir_carew Registered Member

I started with 3.11
    3.11 is still one of the best version of Windows that my best friend has released.

5. lynchknot

lynchknot Registered Member

Does not count as computer experience in my opinion but I did some data entry at a hospital with an IBM AT and XT. What OS did they run? I don't even know - I just keypunched.

This is my first OS (XP) and computer. 2 years ago I knew how to start windows but that's about it. Prior to that I had a WebTV for a couple months.

6. FukenFooser 007.5

FukenFooser 007.5 Registered Member

"reminiscing...."

HEY.....................................That almost hurt!!!!!!!!!!

I got so far back, I was remembering the "rain forest" worth of paper we burned up when the high school got its first hook-up to the district one in town. My brother was in the first class ever for computers in our school Dist.
    He was in 10th as I recall, I being his shadow, skipped every day to be there with him. He quickly made friends with all the "smarter & better off kids" so we could be there anytime anyhour, (got the key from the teacher so we wouldn't could help other's and quit making him look bad), so long as we didn't have to walk the 6 miles each way. We didn't get a monitor for a year or so.
    Got a "Vic 20" then the old "C64" years later. My C64's Monitor, model 1702 is still in service as my "TV" for the bedroom. It killed, (outlived), another VCR this year and I'm still not repaired for lack of use. Darn computer I am using is all the entertainment I need.
    I voted for the XP Pro because its the first "windows OS" I have ever had as a "personal" comuter
    I've had many over the years at my business's, And used many more at different Jobs I've held.
    But the truth is that it's this one or what s left of the original system I currantly use is my first personal one.
    FEAR of crashing kept me from advancing in any knowlage, I quit after the c64 till allmost 3 years ago.
    My brothers gave me one for X-mas. (I'm still trying to get back at them)!

Have a GREAT ONE

ff

:cool:

7. Vaudeville

Vaudeville Registered Member

The first computer I had was a Mac, it was from the mid 80's. I'm not sure what OS it had on it though. It was the type of system that only started when you had a floppy disk inserted in it. The first Windows system I had though was Windows 3.1

8. dirty_mic

dirty_mic Registered Member

excuse my typing as I'v got a chem burn on my right eye oh and the dislexia dont help much ether :oops:

Ah yes the good ol days..... at the tender young age of 6 i got an I.B.M. p.c. jr. frum a famly member who worked for i.b.m. under a long n.a.s.a. contract.
    Well the os was an old school cartreg with m.s. d.o.s. as a hard drive was quite pricey and was the size of a cowboy hat. It had a remotcontrled keybord, and the idea didnt catch for 10 years. However the r.a.m. was the size of a five pack of smokes at a blazing 2 m.b. each and a grand total 8 m.b. I't makes for a big and slow p.d.a. If im not mistaken it was the 2nd p.c. that they made, and boy it put the "atri" to shame. //\\//\\ah yes the mad 80's//\\//\\

9. Close_Hauled

Close_Hauled Registered Member

Last edited: Jul 14, 2004
  10. Close_Hauled

I don't know which is worse. A burnt eye or that chicklet keyboard. :p :rolleyes:

11. Close_Hauled

Ah, but how efficient it was! :D

12. Close_Hauled

I think I remember those. :doubt: Couldn't you program in a really rudimentary BASIC with those. And they had an old teletype keyboard? I think I remember seeing a friend of mine use one in college.

13. chew

chew Registered Member

I started learning computer in 1985 I think. At that time I didn't even understand a word the teacher was saying. For example, DOS this DOS that. LOL!

All I wanted to do was to break the game record of PacMan ... yes, PacMan. Then I stopped using computer for a while until Windows 95. Even then the computer was not mine.

Geezz ... Wang & Commodore, I think, Computers were still rather popular then.

14. Joerg

Joerg Guest

My first computer was an good old Amiga 500 (Kickstart Rom 1.2) :D
    First PC was a 8088 with MS Dos 3.21. Prince of Persia worked pretty well (b/w-graphics card) ;)
    Ah, and yes: No virii on that old PC (Amiga was full of them)...

15. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

windows me--still got it--just starting out--my first computer,i didnt even know how to turn one on till about a year ago--still not much farther along lol
    Rita

16. Close_Hauled

Rita;

Just by finding this forum, you're off to a good start.

Close Hauled

17. Eldar

Eldar Registered Member

I started with Windows 3.1.
    :D What can you expect from Windows & Gates?

18. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

hi close hauled
    dont i know it!!i am so glad to have found this site and these forums--the info ive got here has been invaluable and everyone is so helpful and i want to say thanks to all
    Rita

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.