What made you come to these forums?

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by Pretender, Sep 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pretender

Pretender Registered Member

You sure have picked up a lot of knowledge yourself and passed it on! Very much appreciated ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2004
  2. subratam

subratam Registered Member

The more the days are passing by.... Wilders is becoming an integral part of my life... if not already it has been... cant think of a day now without visiting here atleast 10 times(what did u think i wud say atleast once... u fool :D )

and... I like someone's message (Learning is cool at the wilders school! ) ;) just reflect everyone's thought...

3. MetalDemon

MetalDemon Registered Member

my computer was in ruins and obviously i had no idea what to do.

My first step to recovery was discovering that I had a problem in the first place. My first problem was that Lop.com had taken over my computer. I had went to a site (spywareinfoforum.com?) and it told me to dl ad-aware or spybot.

After that, the path came unwaveringly to these forums, as I daily discovered a greater amount of problems on my ill used computer.

I discovered these forums by pure luck, unless it was fate that brought me to the miracle workers of these forums. I actually first came here because i wanted to use the update pages to see what updates came out for ad-aware updater and norton, seeing as how at the time the live update for those programs wasn't working.

But with a lot of help from these great forums i solved those problems and now i frequent this site daily.

4. Pretender

You'll be helping everyone else out before long!

5. eaglewing

eaglewing Registered Member

:D So [glow=red,2,300]grateful[/glow] that I have found this forum with fantastic [flash=200,200]http://security[/flash], Out with the headache of :mad: evil intruders and on with :D pure online use with the help of wilders, it's ok to be new here. yes.

6. TomBrooklyn

TomBrooklyn Registered Member

I disconnected my router at the suggestion of a Verizon DSL tech rep to see if it was slowing down my connection. I surfed the web without it for a while and only remembered to hook it back up the next day.

I got a virus that infected thousands of my files. I had to format my OS partition (Win9:cool:, and now I don't know how to hook the router back up. Until I figure it out, I am running a software firewall and am looking into getting more protection against spyware and such things.

TomBk

7. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Hi TomBrooklyn :)

Welcome to Wilders.

Well, u have come to the right place. Lots of friendly and informative people here.

If u have any questions just fire away.

Hope u enjoy your stay. :D

snowbound

8. Pretender

Snowbound always knows what to say and just how to say it right! ;)

Welcome TomBrooklyn!

9. Valkyri001

Valkyri001 Registered Member

:DIt seems appropriate that this last post was on my birthday.
    :)Ditto : thetester,beetlejuice,snowbound,tazmin,sig,aramet,subratam,tired,nandog and all others who have posted to this (Topic).
    Seems like anything I say at this point would be pointless but, I'm really glad I found this place. Hello to all of you! You are helping me realize my dream can come true after all. I hope to someday have a domainserver where us computer illiterates can learn how to have fun ( safely ) with our computers. I had almost given up when my own computer couldn't surf the web safely. I've got a lot more to do and study, but Y'all have given me renewed faith that there is Great reliable help still on the web. Thanks! is definately not a big enough word to express my feelings. Thanks

10. subratam

subratam Registered Member

Heyyy Val,
    you passed your b'day on feb 11?? maan... Belated happy Birthday dude... hope you had a great time :)

place for us in your server ? ;) :D :D....

Feel at home Val

take care and Happy Belated Birthday again... or oops Belated Happy Birthday ..it should be said.. lol.. (treat ? :rolleyes: )

11. Pretender

Cookie for you ;)

12. Kym

Kym Registered Member

Might a few more people coming here soon, just noticed that this site was mentioned in the March edition of Australian PC World.

13. Pretender

I'd love to visit Australia someday. Welcome to the board Kym ;)

14. Valkyri001

Valkyri001 Registered Member

Been there, absatively posilutely beautiful, and the women wear dresses! A wonderful place.
    Hello! from Texas.

15. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

Why we're here

Hi all,

This might fit better in some other forum, or even an exisiting topic somewhere, but I'll start here because it's a neat description of what we're trying to do.

I found this this morning at another group, in the context of flaming and personal disputes, but doesn't it describe us nicely (and colorfully)?

We're trying to avoid, and help each other (and others) avoid, becoming "road-kill on the Internet Highway".

16. shelobo

shelobo Registered Member

I came to these forums because I chat In yahoo a lot,and seeing so many there infected with bad stuff,I decided to do some searching,as I see lots there claim that they are security "experts",which usually all they are doing is posting bad sites,virus and spyware loaded sites.And I wanted to be better informed to whats good an what's bad.One of my favorite rooms there is Hackers Lounge #1.Some there atcually do try to help others,some just Claim to be "Security Experts"So here I am ,learning what I want to know ,for myself,Insteading of depending on so called "Yahoo security" Experts.I have to say tho,yahoo is definately a "Learning" experiance!!

17. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Welcome aboard shelobo. :)

I hope (am convinced really) that you will find the people that we labelled Security Experts are truly that.

Enjoy your stay,

Pieter

18. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

I like to change it in:

What made you stay at this forum?

Because they are all lovely people with good help and advise. And....no sh..t as i see on some other forums i watch every now and then.
    So be a member of this "Family".

Gerard

19. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

Everyone is genuinely concerned about security and spyware issues; too often I am considered OTT with my security concerns and the layered protection I have and seeking to add to my computer. I spend time here reading and learning about all the security tools available especially those by DiamondCS which brought me to the forum in the first place.

Definitely a forum for friendly guidance when needed :) and a great knowlodge base from other members questions and answers ;)

20. slammer_JvA

slammer_JvA Registered Member

Below sea-level. Safe and sound behind our dikes:
    After struggling with YUHMEE.COM for 2 days I was fed up and went looking for some reliable source to get me educated :D

At first I ran into MickeyTheMan forum, where a very nice gent, named VIETNAM VET (cheers to you, mate! ;)) suggested to go to Wilders.

Best thing that could have happened to me (online) in years!

Still so much to learn, yet so eager too.
    I feel at home here.

Warm greets to you all! :)

Slammer

21. Pretender

Welcome to all that have posted in this thread today! I won't try to convince you that this is a great board to be a part of........in fact!...I won't have too.......Just ck it out..........the convincing is in the quality of the people here and the knowledge presented in their posts. :cool:

22. waya

waya Registered Member

:rolleyes: As a brand new computer user, my eyes looked like the smiley here, when trying to learn to use the pc and to use the software. I was angry to find so much parasitism among the net. My anger was channeled into learning about pc security. Sometimes I felt like giving up because the nasties seemed overwhelming. Tds-3 was one of the first programs that I found that made me want to keep on computing. It was like having a big brother show up on the schoolground unexpectedly right before a fight. Only problem was that for a beginner, using Tds-3 to its potential, requires some reading. Trying to learn more about DCS software led me to this forum initially and with time it is more than that. It has been a place to get answers, to share problems (re:fellas I think I have a trojan), and to have a sense of a community of "like minded people" who care about computer security. I cannot mention all of you by name, but here is a !THANKS FOR WHAT YOU DO! to all the moderators, engineers, Paul, the DCS Team, and all you who took time to help me with my problems. To any other "newbies" reading this: you have shown good judgement in coming here and you are among friends. The best substitute for wisdom is the ability to discern it in others. This forum is here to stay. hu! :)

23. Pretender

Very well said! ;)

24. shelobo

shelobo Registered Member

I was chatting in yahoo and some one posted this site addy,and stated that there was some VERY good info at the forums here.And here I am,and so far I have learned a LOT.keep up the great work!

25. Pretender

Glad you're here! Just keeps getting better...............

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.