What made you come to these forums?

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by Pretender, Sep 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi FreePatriot,

Welcome at Wilders. :)

Glad you like it.

Pieter

2. Pretender

Pretender Registered Member

Welcome to all the new users of this board.........stick around.....the fun has just begun :cool:

3. jambalayageorge

jambalayageorge Registered Member

I had some problems in the past, but recently, the combination of a trojan and a hijacker was more than my meager mind could handle. I did a google search using the name of the hijackers file and found a link to this forum which turned out to be an oasis of sanity amidst a cacophany of madness. I'm planning on sticking around for a while. I can count to 20 if I take my shoes off, but sometimes I have a little trouble retying......George

4. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

:doubt:

Gee, I hope that's a good thing.

:D

Yes, I do know what it means. ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2004
  5. Pretender

LWM,

Please explain it to me :eek:

6. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

In a nutshell, jambalayaGeorge has gotten the impression that we seem to know what the heck we're doing here, as compared with other places. :D

7. Dan Perez

Dan Perez Retired Moderator

Someone should help him with that nutshell :D It can't be too comfortable for him :p

8. beetlejuice

beetlejuice Registered Member

Hey, I think I resent that. :doubt: Sounds like an insult to the "nutty people" who hang around. :p What's wrong with being a "nut?" :-* :D

9. subratam

subratam Registered Member

Maybe this helps...

Attached Files:

10. beetlejuice

beetlejuice Registered Member

Or Hurts......Ouch!!

11. Pretender

We must keep it clean and Professional so we can fool all the visitors :D

We want to remain a cacofunny don't weo_O?!!!!o_O? o_O

12. subratam

subratam Registered Member

:) :p BJ....
    it hurts!!... ohk... i am always there for yoy mate.. to help you in every situation... give this one a try

Attached Files:

13. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

:D :D :D Hopefully Mother Nature checks in here from time to time and will pick THAT one up as a useful hint.

14. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Gents,

It's fun alright - but then again this isn't exactly Ten-Forward ;). Please skip at least funny pics posted on this thread - no offense intended.

regards.

paul

15. Zhen-Xjell

Zhen-Xjell Security Expert

The days of yore... Now I'm trying to catch my breath. How are you Kent?

16. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Hi Paul,

It is good to see you here again from time to time, it brings back memories of times gone by.... I am doing great here and hope you are doing great also... Congrats on how well your sites are doing. I know that they take up a lot of your time but it is nice that you stopped by....

Regards,
    Kent

17. Tired

Tired Registered Member

I don't remember how I originally got here either but I must say that not only have I never left. I do not always post ( I know so little) but I am listening when I can.
    I have reccomended Wilders to so many dozens people I have lost count! Seriously, I travel a lot and on airplanes I have often sat next to people whom are involved in IT or small business and we end up small talking. If anything computer related comes up with anyone I mention Wilders as a source and have even written it down for them. I have also had my share of issues requiring tech support. Unfortunatley, many of these folks seem to know very little beyond the Top names in security etc. I have turned so many of them on to the site while we are on the phone and they go right then! Always with great feedback!
    I am no whiz by any stretch but it gives me great satisfaction to turn people on to something that I beleive in and know they could benifit from.
    I have read almost everything here ( not that understand it all or even remember it all) and the feeling of community and healthy debate, suggestions etc. is to be respected. Many of you have helped me even when my questions are so stupid. There is some one there to be patient and interested in helping.
    Most importantly, I feel that I can trust the info and suggestions. If someone is off the mark there is always someone watching out. That makes me feel better than anything. Paul and all the Moderators are fabulous! :-*
    THANKS is such a small word for so much meaning!
    Tired (tTacy)

18. Pretender

Well written Tired..............You won't get tired of this board :eek:

19. NanDog

NanDog Registered Member

What made me come to these forums? Well......I'm a semi-newb when it comes to security although I've always tried to be prudent in my computing. When I finally went broadband a few years ago I installed a FW (updated my pre-installed NAV to NIS) and then started poking around at grc.com and learned a lot. Pretty soon I was lurking at DSLR. Then at GSF. Learned more from those boards. There were so many references to "Wilders" on the DSLR and GSF boards that a few weeks ago I finally clicked over to here. Been lurking a few weeks and I gotta tell you that the Wilders forums have quite an aura!

What do I mean by that? Simply that this site seems to be one of the most friendly, comfortable and accommodating sites I've ever seen! :)

Granted, I haven't explored everything here but from what I've seen this place already feels like "home". It seems like a comfortable, friendly, and relaxed place to hang out and a great place to further my learning. I think that comes from Paul Wilders' gracious manner and courteous replies to any and all posts, from the highly technical to the most basic. That attitude seems to be reflected in the posts of all other visitors: mods, senior members, newbies or whatever!

This is my first post here but be assured I will be a most regular visitor. Thanks for such a great site! Big props!

20. Pretender

Yep, I taught Paul everything he knows o_O NOPE, I taught him nothing, but the board (and Paul) has taught me a lot! Welcome to ya!

21. NanDog

NanDog Registered Member

Thanks for the welcome, Pretender! I hope to hang around long enough and learn enough that at some point I can offer some advice rather than just being a bottom-dwelling sponge soaking in all the great information to be found here. Vaya con Dios! :)

22. manOFpeace

manOFpeace Registered Member

Landed first at Wilders.org site and it all happened from there. ;)

23. Pretender

Happy to see that you went further and arrived here ;)

24. manOFpeace

manOFpeace Registered Member

Thanks Pretender, good site here. ;)

25. Uguel707

Uguel707 Graphic Artist

Hi Pretender!

I started learning computers on my own since computers are not too well regarded in my circle for many reasons. :( I went a couple of times to "PC Astuces" before coming here. I heard on that forum that Wilders was one of the best so I decided to pay a visit, and read many threads, and I liked what I read. :)

As a newby I was very impressed by the peoples' knowledge here at Wilders. This is a Grand forum!

Regards,

Uguel

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.