What is your security setup these days?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by dja2k, Dec 15, 2005.

1. Ranget

Ranget Registered Member

Can you shed some light on this Plz
    i didn't find any issue with avira

2. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Avira is detecting a couple of particular windows updates as 64 hidden objects. The suggested termporary workaround from a mod there is to uncheck search for rootkits before scan option for those who run scheduled scans and to ignore a prompt to run Avira's rescue CD when these 64 are detected. There are threads on the Avira forum about it. Forgot to mention it's an issue for 64 bit Win 7.http://forum.avira.com/wbb/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=144057

Last edited: May 6, 2012
  3. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

back to Emsisoft Firewall 5.5 :thumb: :thumb:

4. KelvinW4

KelvinW4 Registered Member

You would :thumb: :thumb:

5. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

the best ever;) it is complete solution;) firewall,hips and runsafer;)

6. Securon

Securon Registered Member

Good Morning ! Back to Vipre I.S.2012 and WSA Essentials. Sincerely...Securon

7. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

Do they nicely play along? Any slowdown in browsing? Error message windows?

8. Arcanez

Arcanez Registered Member

Had the same setup but when I bought my SSD I replaced SD with Sandboxie cause I read there will be problems using SD with an SSD although I can't tell from experience cause I haven't tried it. I think SD is much more comfortable than Sandboxie. I still really like it. If I didn't buy my SSD I would still run it instead of Sandboxie. That's for sure.
    On the other hand both my applications that I run now have development.

Ontopic:

still my good old setup in the signature:)

9. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

:thumb:

10. tomazyk

tomazyk Guest

I removed MBAM and Emsisoft Emergency Kit as on demand. I think they were redundant. Still using HitmanPro and ESET Online.

11. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

Slight Change.
    Comodo Firewall 5.10
    Sandboxie 3.8
    Shadow defender
    Panda URL filter
    Norton DNS

12. Windows 7 with EMET configured
    ESET Online Scanner (not ActiveX) -- on-demand scanning only.

13. 1chaoticadult

1chaoticadult Registered Member

Nice setup :thumb:

14. RSpanky

RSpanky Registered Member

Added EMET - OpenDNS

Last edited: May 7, 2012
  15. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

how is the Emsisoft Antimalware these days?

16. Securon

Good Evening ! Ams963...I just reinstalled Vipre yesterday...and when I arrived home today my wife claimed browsing was slower...and when I tried to update Vipre just kept downloading update...so I cold booted and used Revo Uninstaller to uninstall Vipre...and have re-installed Eset Smart Security 5. I find it hard too believe that WSA Essentials would conflict with any app. Ams963 have you heard of confliction with Vipre and WSA? Sincerely...Securon

17. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

i am running WSA in one of my systems but it is alone and it fast Sincerely...jmonge;)

18. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

Well my good friend that what they all say. No conflict, wsa is compatible with most security software, etc. But it's really not. I had a bad experience of compatibility issue with wsa and EAM. That's why I left WSA. When I had asked Support of both products they said oh you got too many AV and security software oh there is nothing we can do. I was tired with this crap. So I've decided to run only one AV EAM on 1 pc and go with sbie on the rest of my pcs.

19. Securon

Good Morning! ams963...many thanks for your opinion. If they would merely state their might be incompatibility then you can exercise caution...but when they state their are no known compatibility problems...then in my view they're protecting the reputation of the product,in regards to consumer perception negatively affecting Sales! Sincerely...Securon

20. kupo

kupo Registered Member

Or they can't reproduce the issue and you can help them in solving the problem no? Well, I do agree that as a customer, you have no reason to help them solve the problem and it's up to the developer to solve them. :D

21. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

Aw bite me. Really? Come on! Emsisoft Support reproduced my particular conflict and immediately released the solution in the form of beta update in Emsisoft Antimalware. No sooner had I sat back and relaxed, another conflict popped up and another, and so on. Only this time neither Emsisoft Support nor Webroot Support could reproduce it. I even had Webroot Support remotely connect to my pc and the only thing they came out to determine was that I was using too much AV and security and there was nothing to do.
    Same goes for MBAM and SAS. They are fine when used as on-demand but creates some hefty fireworks when your turn on the realtime/on-access modules. And all those crap about nothing is 100% and SAS, MBAm should be used in realtime with a AV that Developers like Nick spreads around are simply unfortunate.

22. kupo

kupo Registered Member

I'm not biting anybody, I'm just sharing my opinion. Sorry if I offended you.
    I just found this statement weird "then in my view they're protecting the reputation of the product,in regards to consumer perception negatively affecting Sales!". Although everybody is free to share their opinion. :D. Even though I'm not using WSA, I found their support here actually very active. Again, sorry if I offended anybody.

23. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

LOL. That was a figure of speech. And you have not offended me. I am just trying to refute your opinion and argument in this matter.

I also find their support active but useless to the extent of solving compatibility issues like in my case.

I find that statement half-weird if you like. The first part is correct. I mean of course they are protecting the reputation of their product. Who doesn't? The second part is not true I guess. I hear more people saying ' I am buying WSA because it's so light, fast and effective.' than saying 'I am buying WSA because it complements other mainstream security products and will do the same with the AV installed my pc'.

24. blasev

blasev Registered Member

Not much changed since ver 6 , its just getting better and faster :thumb:
    they are going to make "big" changes on ver 7

25. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

cool thanks buddy:thumb: :thumb:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.