What is your security setup these days?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by dja2k, Dec 15, 2005.

1. Tyrizian

Tyrizian Registered Member

So, basically get rid of Passive Protection all together? I will also look into your other suggestions....Thank you

2. KelvinW4

KelvinW4 Registered Member

Yes, you wouldn't need any passive protection. You are already set to go for your setup!:thumb:

3. moontan

moontan Registered Member

trying the new Ubuntu that was just released today.

very nice! :thumb:

4. Tyrizian

I am also in the process of testing another setup, What do you think of this comparable to what I already have....

Real-Time Protection:
    Avast Antivirus FREE (Changed)
    Bufferzone Pro (Changed)

On-Demand Protection:
    Malwarebytes Anti-Malware FREE
    Emsisoft Anti-Malware FREE

Passive Protection:
    None (Changed)

5. KelvinW4

Do you find BZ Pro slowdown your computer? It did on my machine and a few others:thumb: Better tweak it to the max settings so malware does not install!:isay:

6. Tyrizian

No, Not at all...It runs just as light as my Panda and Sandboxie setup. I believe the newest version out of the box has been tweaked to better protect from malware. Older versions let all signed files through, but the newest one is set to prompt for everything. I have absolutely no slow downs on my test machine (Computer or web browsing). When did you test out Bufferzone?

Last edited: Apr 27, 2012
  7. KelvinW4

Haha, that is EXCELLENT. I would've used it if it didn't slow down my system.
    Suddenly system runs like new when I uninstalled it :argh:
    However I used it last few weeks ago. :thumb: :thumb: found it strong protection system wide:-*

8. Tyrizian

So, what do you think I should use. Panda Cloud with Sandboxie combo, or Avast with Bufferzone combo?

9. KelvinW4

Since Bufferzone works on your computer so well:thumb: :thumb:
    Avast with Bufferzone Pro would be best;)
    +Consider adding Keriver 1-click Restore for a backup software and you are set to go.

10. Tyrizian

Man oh Man, I appreciate your help, and putting up with all my posts HaHaHa :D. I have a Quad Core with 8 gigs of ram and my services tweaked to minimize on running processes...So, that could have a lot to do with no slow downs for me...Not sure. But, I do greatly appreciate your input and advice...It has helped me out greatly. I will check out that Keriver 1-click Restore as well, thanks. I also went ahead and got rid of passive protection, thanks to you of course. Ok, whew...Now I can chill for awhile on testing security setups....I do it all the time, it's a sickness hahahaha :D

11. KelvinW4

People here never stick to one setup :)

12. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

The protection of sandboxie is steller.Combined that with your resident scanner of choice and windows firewall or third party if you need more control and your good.

13. Tyrizian

I have noticed that. I am a computer geek, and I always try to push for the perfect setup, but I always doubt everything and end up changing a bunch of stuff around. Been doing that for the last 17 years. I am 30 years old and never get sick of tinkering around with stuff.

14. KelvinW4

Either one works fine :thumb:, but Sandboxie is more regularly updated by Tzuk

15. Tyrizian

In tests that I have seen, Sandboxie and Bufferzone do the same thing's, the only differences over the other is that Sanboxie is more configurable and is updated more frequently, and is a tiny bit more friendly on resources than Bufferzone. Prior to recent setup changes, I was only running a resident shield, and that was it. So, adding a sandbox (in my opinion) is beefing up my security, regardless of which one I choose.

The only thing that I do feel, is that because Sandboxie is so popular....it will be here to stay for awhile. I am not sure if Bufferzone has a wide audience, which in turn has me wondering...How long will the product stay, even though they both protect me quite well.

16. Dark Shadow

Tzuk dont sleep and his been at it for years.;)

17. Dark Shadow

Absolutley,keeping things contained in box regardless which one beefs up your security indeed.

18. Tyrizian

HaHaHa, Shoot...They are both good. Looks like I got some more thinking to do. Shucks, HaHaHa having a hard time making up my mind. I do like that Bufferzone is free though, but I really like that Sandboxie is $40 and it's yours for life.

19. KelvinW4

Whichever makes you feel more "safe" :cool:

20. Tyrizian

What I'll probably end up doing is use Bufferzone until it has drawbacks, and then make the switch. I think I'll just use Avast with Bufferzone for now. I just need to stop thinking so much, and just go for it HaHaHa, thank you everyone for your input.

21. kardokristal

kardokristal Developer

Hi,

Yesterday i tested on Windows 7 (32-bit) Comodo Internet Security and Sandboxie combo without any problems.

Today i also try to add Keyscrambler, some imaging software, UAC on max and maybe also some keylogger detector (like spyshelter etc...)

Anyone tested CIS, Sandboxie and Keyscrambler combo? For example i´d like to run Google chrome within Sandboxie and also with Keyscrambler enabled.

Also is Malware Defender good to stop auto execution? And what is good imaging software? Any recommendation welcome :)

I will plan to add HMP to my security arsenal, but for first i will remove Windows 8 CP from my PC and install Windows 7 as real system.

Regards,
    Kardo

Last edited: Apr 27, 2012
  22. kupo

kupo Registered Member

Kardo, you might want to disable CIS' auto-sandbox. I remember an event that might weaken Sandboxies protection that's used together with auto-sandbox. Also, since you have Comodo's D+, Malware Defender is gonna be redundant. As for imaging software, many are using Image for Windows and Drive Snapshot. I'm using Keriver 1-Click Restore (pretty slow though).

23. kardokristal

kardokristal Developer

Hi,

Thank you for the information. :) :thumb:

PS: I´d like to note that there is also coming a lot of changes for my own security software. I will partnership with one Russian software company and their team help me with tests, suggestions, marketing etc... that´s why there is at the moment no updates of my software.

Regards,
    Kardo

24. kupo

kupo Registered Member

Goodluck! :thumb:

25. Boost

Boost Registered Member

Really?! Been running the same setup here for 3 years now. There's no point in changing anything if it works,period.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.