What is your security setup these days?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by dja2k, Dec 15, 2005.

1. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Aside from having Emsisoft EAM monitoring I also have NVT's ERP and unless it's really a trusted install, I put ERP in alert mode and watch what the installer does.

2. Arcanez

Arcanez Registered Member

When I am not sure about a certain file I use virustotal uploader to quickly check the hash value. Other than that I download stuff from known sources only.

3. sportsfan7700

sportsfan7700 Registered Member

Fort Worth, Texas USA "Where the West Begins"
    Made the switch...found an old license.

4. justenough

justenough Registered Member

I didn't realize you ran EAM along with AG, that's good to know. These days it's either EAM or NOD32 on my computer. Think I'll give NVT ERP another try, see if I can figure it out this time.

Sounds good, especially along with your imaging and file backup program. On my machine Process Explorer 16 checks with VT on running processes, and VTchromizer is installed in Chrome.

5. Securon

Securon Registered Member

Good Evening! Avast Pro A/V...AppGuard and WSA Security Plus...Lethal but Light! Sincerely...Securon

6. Houley456

Houley456 Registered Member

So far very smooth with Emsisoft EAM and the latest beta of SecureAplus....

7. jjc225

jjc225 Registered Member

On this Compaq I'm using Trend Micro Internet Security and Superantispyware. Absolutely no problems at all. Love this setup.

8. Holiday setup

Asus tf301 stripped for unnecessary processes to extend battery life, used for ebook and browsing only with applocker requiring pincode for access to system and google store (user by me mostly)
    Asus t100 with classic shell and mini cord mouse to mimic windows7 with first layer appguard set to medium with trusted vendors limited to hardware only and adobe/microsoft update set to poweraps, second layer uac set to elevate silently but denying elevation of unsigned aps with citrix lean client to access local service provider where nas data is temporarely shadowed for backup and access to office documents. Win version is used for email and photo editing (used by my wife).

The 301 is the best travel companion because its seperate mouse bar is easier to use, second full sdcard slot in keyboard and second battery in keyboard. Especially the concept of second batttery in keyboard is brilliant (it charges the battery in the tablet when connected and can be recharged seperately for 24/7 usage.

The 100 is the best business companion, as fast as a modern business laptop with 7 hours real battery life when used intensively. I worked internationally and remember i was allways looking for electricity outlet plugs on airpoorts and hotels, because my battery had run outof power after 1.5 hour working.

Can imagine an modern company offering wireless access with large screen and keyboards while the t100 serves as pc client. Combine it with a citrix virtualised environment and your operational ict cost will be very low. A citrix enpoint is only 100 euro's cheaper as a t100 with large screen and keyboard.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2014
  9. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Actually now I am running the EIS beta along with AG and ERP. All running very smooth.

Pete

10. FleischmannTV

FleischmannTV Registered Member

I am currently running the intruder triumvirate of doom, AppGuard + Sandboxie + HMP.Alert 3

11. Behold Eck

Behold Eck Registered Member

Yup, long long overdue.

Regards Eck:)

12. WSFfan

WSFfan Registered Member

What happened to MBAE?

13. TS4H

TS4H Registered Member

HI all; Exeradar pro, EMET 5, Chromium with AX64 and hitman pro with malwarebytes ondemand. Simplest and lightest setup i have ever used. Cant imagine going back to AV realtime.

14. FleischmannTV

FleischmannTV Registered Member

It's incompatible with Sandboxie and I've used it for a couple of days while I was not running Sandboxie.

15. Tyrizian

Tyrizian Registered Member

I haven't changed my setup since 08/20/2014.

Basically, Sandboxie and some other stuff :)

16. guest

guest Guest

Pale Moon's cookie management is broken so I had to install Cookie Monster to replace it. Will be kept until it is fixed.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2014
  17. DX2

DX2 Guest

I stopped using an AV a few months ago. Just using AppGuard and Windows FW behind a router. I have mbam as my scanner.

18. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

Yes, me too, except I am making a change with the 'other stuff'.
    Removed VIPRE AV and installed ESET NOD32.
    The first scan took FOREVER, but maybe I'll figure out how to speed it up... maybe it's scanning archives or something.
    I also need to learn how to configure ESET so that there is no auto cleaning if/when an infected file is found. I'd like to configure it to ask first, so that I don't get bit by false positives.
    Anyway, removal of VIPRE and install of ESET went well on one machine. Will do the other later, maybe tomorrow. :thumb:

19. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

I always got excellent help on the Eset forum when it was here. I can't imagine anything changing in that regard even though they're here no longer.

20. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

How do I change the scanner's default response to a virus detection?
    http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?pag...earch&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1410135405321

21. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

TY! I registered over there and posted a couple of questions.

22. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

23. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

Last edited: Sep 7, 2014
  24. sportsfan7700

sportsfan7700 Registered Member

Fort Worth, Texas USA "Where the West Begins"
    I can't post any questions and registered over a week ago. Activated too. hmm

25. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.