What is your security setup these days?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by dja2k, Dec 15, 2005.

1. guest

guest Guest

in fact OA will be not in EIS v9; the firewall module is totally remade from scratch (without HIPS) and uses modern technology.
    if people still buy it and so support the development cost of OA , it will, if not, it will be abandoned.

2. guest

guest Guest

Sad thing is I can't contribute in supporting OA's development. I wanted to buy a license, but it tends to work improperly in my 64-bit system, along with all other CHIPS software I've tried. I really don't want to see it gone, I'm not ready and I never will. :'(

3. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

ams963 thanks I will try that :)

guest good idea to have some thing new but the old one its very nice program too :)

GrafZeppelin this old firewall/hips has a very unique feature and its the runsafer :thumb: vfery sad to let it be gone just like that :'(

4. guest

guest Guest

It's not gone yet though, so there's still hope. But I feel slightly worried judging by the looks of it. I just like the layouts of OA, made me easier to manage my whitelist.

Oh dear, good ol' times. :D

5. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

exactly :) let's hope it stays:thumb:

6. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

I must admit, you make it look kinda cool. :)

1 Is it using the same technologies as EMET and MBAE?
    2 You could also use a HIPS or Anti-Executable (with more features) for that.
    3 I don´t understand this.

7. Minimalist

Minimalist Registered Member

Just bought lifetime licence for MBAM - until it's still available :)

My current real-time security setup:
    • ESET Nod32 AV
    • Malwarebytes Antimalware
    • OpenDNS
    • AdblockPlus
    • Ghostery

Simple and light...

hqsec

8. Arcanez

Arcanez Registered Member

nice pup detection. I have installed MBAM as well since the new Version was released. I'm currently running only Webroot Antivirus in realtime but I have MBAM Pro and Hitman Pro as ondemand. Also I'm using Open DNS and DNSCrypt. For backups...DriveSnaphot all the way.:thumb:

I think considering the way Webroot works you don't really Need anything to run besides it because it doesn't matter whether you detect something or not, at least not initially.

9. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

10. asaens

asaens Registered Member

sometimes I don't like change but I do like the newer MBAM and NoVirusThanks EXE Radar Pro after recent installations and, so far, I'm okay with those programs and would buy them for a new computer if I had to

11. guest

guest Guest

added: MBAM Premium v2

12. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

1st - You don't know exactly what i run in this computer and why I need different security software.
    2nd - I don't change my setup that often as you can see if you keep clicking the dates on every single post which will take you to previous setups.
    3rd - How do you know I don't have some software installed just because I am testing them and not for my own benefit.
    4th - I have experimented with various setups over the past years thus I created this thread.

Have a nice day! :D

dja2k

13. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

All hail the Great Security Setup Thread Creator! :isay:
    Well done! 8 years and running. :thumb: :thumb: :cool:

Oh yeah... my setup.
    Sandboxie, and then some other stuff.

14. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

LOL! :D Now that is funny, maybe I should start using the "and then some other stuff" too haha

dja2k

15. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

I like the way you handle listing your setup.
    Awesome detail.
    My method is a cross between laziness and giving very big props to Sandboxie. Mostly laziness. ;)

16. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

:cool: Thanks! SBIE is also one of my Favorites.

dja2k

17. justenough

justenough Registered Member

Just added Disconnect Search, a way to use Google search without sending them information. It looks good so far: https://disconnect.me/

18. ReverseGear

ReverseGear Guest

Switched to WSA then to Bitdefender but came back to ESS

19. SweX

SweX Registered Member

I can't guess why? :shifty: How did you like Bitdefender some say it's very light, some say the opposite.

20. wolfrun

wolfrun Registered Member

Still the same setup. Sandboxie, the star of the show and the supporting cast is as per signature. I give this a 5 out 5 :thumb:'s up.

21. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

I've ditched Ad-Aware, due to big hits in performance when doing scheduled quick scans. Of course I could have disabled the scheduled scans (I prefer to run scans manually anyway), but I decided to not to and uninstall it. I miss the lightning fast (around 30 seconds) of the Vipre powered Ad-Aware.

My current setup is:
    Real Time Protection:
    None. However, Baidu Antivirus automatically scans any programs I download.

On Demand Scans:
    Baidu Antivirus
    Malwarebytes Antimalware

Firewall:
    Windows Firewall

UAC and Windows Defender are disabled.

Since uninstalling Ad-Aware, even though I was only using it as on on access scanner my aging Windows 7 laptop is running much, much faster. Also disk access is greatly reduced. As am typing this, the hard drive light is mostly off.

I must add that tonight I also updated to the latest version of Advanced SystemCare and System Mechanic and did scans with them too, but it is highly doubtful that this is the reason for speed increased,

22. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Back to what I like and works.

23. asaens

asaens Registered Member

In case anyone is using LastPass, I just got a notice that one of my passwords was being used at 2 or more sites ... that kind of bothers me because I was of the impression that they were not supposed to know my passwords and that all that stuff was encrypted and private so you might want to reconsider using that service if privacy/security is an issue with you.

24. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Ever consider the more probable possibility that your passwords are encrypted the same way (you only have one master password after all), hence they look like the same gibberish?

25. ReverseGear

ReverseGear Guest

Bitdefender is light but the boot time was severely affected and there was some sluggishness with chrome

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.