What is your security setup these days?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by dja2k, Dec 15, 2005.

1. luciddream

luciddream Registered Member

Thanks JL... Comodo FW/D+ 5.10 and Sandboxie are the only two real-time security apps I use. So if it can handle them as well as TrueCrypt and OpenVPN then I'm good to go.

I need to be able to use Comodo 5.10, not it's new 6+ line. But I could & would upgrade SBIE to v4+ without hesitation. I just like 3.76 on XP.

2. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Don't see any compatibility issues with the software you've listed. Comodo and Sandboxie has been supporting 64-bit for a while now, including those versions you mentioned. Sandboxie made some changes though.

3. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

trjam it is very true what you said

4. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

this will be my lifetime best combo as webroot was recently removed and hitmanpro will expire in april so after april my permanent combo will be what i have now :) dont have to renew it ever again and it is very powerfull;)

5. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

trying out Easy File Locker:thumb: :thumb:

6. Rompin Raider

Rompin Raider Registered Member

What? No Circles...

7. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

i was exploring the malwarebytes features and i notice that it no longer has the file assaino_O
    i think that with SRP and hitmanpro is more then enough :),i have my router firewall to the max and set up my application control

Last edited: Dec 2, 2013
  8. RollingThunder

RollingThunder Registered Member

Of course you don't purchase Linux. I don't recall how in the statement I made, which is quoted below, how you could have possibly discerned that I said anything like that at all. :D By more ram I refer to the effective utilization of RAM in Linux as compared to MS. In addition if you run Linux as a bare metal host and have tons of ram available the places you can go with differing VM's are nothing short of amazing. In terms of isolation I suggest reviewing the purpose behind VM's and more specifically Whonix isolation Gateway and Worstation, etc.

9. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Your statement was replying to my previous quote of "purchasing decisions", so I jokingly assumed that. Anyways, I see your point of better utilization and isolation. Would never use Windows purely for hosting in the first place.

10. Solarlynx

Solarlynx Registered Member

Yeah, as it was said in J_L post above I have this idea that 32-bit is more secure than 64-bit basing on 3P apps:

DefenseWall creator doesn't release 64-bit version because it's not so strong as its 32-bit version,

In Matousec tests D+ had 100% on 32-bit OS, but on 64-bit OS it's below 100%.

It was a bit stressful for me when I had to switch on 64-bit Win-7 on my main PC because its RAM is 4 GB.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
  11. TS4H

TS4H Registered Member

Good evening all,

I have finally settled on a new setup after my licence for Webroot expired and i felt as though i shouldn't renew. Iv reinstated Spyshelter Premium and Eset Smart Security. Spyshelter version 8.8 64 bit version has been running extremely well and light. Together make a very powerful combination, and compliment each other well.

12. siketa

siketa Registered Member

Real-time: Emsisoft Anti-Malware, NVT EXE Radar Pro and Zemana AntiLogger Free
    On-demand: MBAM
    Browser: Comodo Dragon
    :)

Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
  13. Rompin Raider

Looking at the new Avast release with WSA...sure smooth right now.:thumb:

14. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

Yeah saw you posted that over at avast forum. It's running pretty good for you? I tried AIS with sandboxie and WSA. It worked for a while then would hang up for some reason. Might give it another try when it comes out of beta.

15. Rompin Raider

So far it's fine. The previous version had some issues so I dropped it a couple of days back....seems better now. The Grimefighter was a little odd but I just let it run and seemed ok. o_O Wait until Securon tries it!

16. Frank the Perv

Frank the Perv Banned

Wow... are the 'Kool Aide days' over for Webroot in these forums?

I don't know if SecureAnywhere is the real-deal or not.

They do tell a good story.

But as a generalization, companies that claim they don't do well in tests because they do better 'in the real world' or for some reason tests don't accurately portray their product >> usually the products don't test that well because they are not that good.

Again, in this case, I don't know.

But we shall see.

17. Securon

Securon Registered Member

Good Evening! Rompin...really impressed with Avast Pro A/V and WSA Security Plus...with AppGuard being the Silent Sentinel. As per Trjam and jmonge's views of WSA...this is my final two yrs of thorough assessment of the product...and if the marketing and hype...live up to it's Potential. Time's the teller. Sincerely...Securon

18. digmor crusher

digmor crusher Registered Member

Had to uninstall OA, seemed to cause a bit of drag, back to what is in my sig.

19. Securon

Good Evening! Digmor Crusher...try checking out Agnitum Outpost Pro...take it for a 30 day test drive. From my own experience...I purchased it's lifetime license...so I have a killer Firewall with Hips...as a part of my arsenal. Sincerely...Securon

20. Securon

Good Evening! Took my own advice and added Outpost Pro 8.1.2. in tandem with WSA Security Plus...Avast A/V Pro...and AppGuard. Feeling Ziploc Secure...Lol...Sincerely...Securon

21. KelvinW4

KelvinW4 Registered Member

Baidu AV and thats it. Great to know it automatically updates Avira daily.

22. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

Man, I agree, and doesn't this bring a certain somebody to mind? :shifty:

23. Rompin Raider

This combo continues to run well 24 hours after installing.:thumb:

24. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

all i can say it is that i tested my self to prove what i wanted to know it was very simple test but it fails,mbampro and hitmanpro had to clean the messed webroot could clean :)also a friend of mine also tyest it with around 20 fresh malweare and it fails too

25. justenough

justenough Registered Member

For anyone not familiar with the on-going Webroot SecureAnywhere debate at Wilders, and to provide some balance to some recent posts made here by people I respect, here are three links:

PCMag Editors' Choice:
    http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2425546,00.asp

YouTube from Webroot:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKMZ1Ukw_7I

zfactor here at Wilders with 350 clients running Webroot:
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=2310932&postcount=30

If I begin seeing bad results from tests that are designed for how WSA works, then it will be time to move on to something else. Until then there's plenty of real-world evidence that WSA does what Webroot says it does.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.