What is your security setup these days?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by dja2k, Dec 15, 2005.

1. justenough

justenough Registered Member

Sandboxie and Webroot SecureAnywhere Complete are running together with no noticeable impact, seems to be enough real-time security for now. I haven't used encryption software before, just beginning to use Sophos Encryption on files I wouldn't want malware getting into. And for the first time backing files up to online storage, using WSA since 25GB storage comes with Complete.

2. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

@justenough
    Nice setup. :thumb:

3. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

My setup is in my sig. Feels very light and smooth.:thumb:

4. ichito

ichito Registered Member

Sorry for long time to answer...Runnscaner is still useful tool for me, although it's not for daily rutine - max few time a year - but on "my board" it's obligatory.
    The latest version is from March 2012 and finaly bring support for 64-bit Windows...still no version for Win 8.

5. tomazyk

tomazyk Guest

I updated Nod32 to v.6 and added EMET to my setup. The setup is light but still makes me feel safe.

6. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

Emsisoft Anti-Malware 7.0 is protecting all my computers and for ondemand i got hitmanpro
    note:trying out vipre internet security beta i got a 1 year free licence in my email;) it is very light,this version looks more stable than previous beta

7. Rompin Raider

Rompin Raider Registered Member

Let us know your opinion of Vipre...haven't used it in a long time! Curious...

8. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

it is similar to the previous version nothing change for what i can see but it is and it feels faster,way faster;)
    What’s New

- Windows 8 certification for VIPRE Antivirus only
    - High DPI resolution support
    - Improved stability and robustness

Last edited: Jan 20, 2013
  9. Securon

Securon Registered Member

Good Morning ! J Monge...keep us up to date on Vipre! I still have a license...but was generally dissatisfied with 1) The firewall 2) Full Scan Times taking way too long ex:2 hrs plus...3) Detection Rates...Average At Best 4) As opposed to the old regime at Sunbelt...GFI...has very little interaction with it's Consumer Customer base...like most firms their revenue base is it's Enterprise or Small and Medium business Market. And GFI's Marketing practices need too be streamlined and presented with greater Clarity. Sincerely...Securon

10. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

securon i am trying now and the quick scan was really fast and the firewall it is improve alot i dont know what problems you had in the past but it looks solid here and trouble free for now Sincerely...JMonge...;)

11. AlexC

AlexC Registered Member

- Sandboxie and VT Hash Check configured with Download StatusBar plugin.

- Avast free (heuristics on all resident shields set to high, PUP detection on, autosandbox on. AutoSandbox feature was determinant for me to choose to install Avast. Also replaced uTorrent for qBitorrent, so that the p2p shield monitors p2p traffic).

- Winpatrol free

- Windows Firewall Notifier

- Macrium Reflect Free

12. atomomega

atomomega Registered Member

Switched to Bitdefender Free AV (cloud). Feeling smoother and lighter than my previous cloud av.

13. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

Look'n'Stop 2.07 + AppGuard 3.4.2.0 + Shadow Defender 1.1.0.325

AdMuncher 4.93 + Macrium Reflect 4.2

OpenDNS + Opera 12.12

Last edited: Jan 20, 2013
  14. Securon

Securon Registered Member

Good Afternoon! Thanks for your prompt response J Monge ! I'll wait until the Beta time line expires...and give it a test drive. Sincerely...Securon

15. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

16. Arcanez

Arcanez Registered Member

Appguard 3.4.2.0
    Shadow Defender 1.2.0.355
    EMET 3.0
    Open DNS

I might add Sandboxie Version 4 as soon as it's out of beta just because I have a license and for the paranoid extra protection of course :D

17. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Windows 7 2-way FW, also blocking outbound through GPO (ultimate 32 bits)

Low Rights Container
    Chrome's sandbox with --no-referrers click to play flash plug-in, safe browsing, javascript allow for HTTPS\\* and .COM & .NL domains. Extension blacklist (all)/whitelist (none), plug-in allowed/disabled list, no history, incognito, authentification, content and privacy settings enforced through GPO.

User protection
    Secured User accessible options through GPO by limiting access to regedit, command, scripts, 16-bit, active desktop, Active-X & COM installation, task creation, HKCU autostarts and Outlook mail format (RTF) and macro's/attachements/links. Software Restriction Policy set basic user level as default for all files and users except admin.

System protection
    Set UAC on Full and deny elevation of unsigned executables. Don't allow unsigned drivers to install. Set a deny execute for everyone/all executables on Data Partitions (through ACL) and USB (with GPO). Memory mitigation with EMET on all non-system/security programs of Program Files directory.

On demand
    HitmanPro free

Last edited: Jan 23, 2013
  18. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

i want to try Malware Defender again but it looks like development is kind of slowo_O

19. PoetWarrior

PoetWarrior Registered Member

Couldn't decide if I wanted to continue using UEFI/Secure Boot due to complications with image restores. I really wanted Secure Boot enabled. So I finally figured out how to use UEFI/Secure Boot and then my imaging approach (Macrium Reflect).

I've had a nice learning curve with UEFI and Secure Boot.

Still haven't figured out how to successfully restore an image with the msata (caching) the C drive with RAID configuration. Uninstalled the msata (32GB) for now. So that learning curve continues.

20. siketa

siketa Registered Member

...and there is only 32-bit version....
    :(

21. nikanthpromod

nikanthpromod Registered Member

Removed nod32 AV 6 , having problems with external drive:( ( system hanging )

Currently using
    Trend micro Titanium AV
    Windows 7 firewall controll free

22. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

I'm using what's in my sig.;):thumb:

23. VectorFool

VectorFool Registered Member

Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 (almost as light as Avira + Comodo Firewall)
    Emsisoft AntiMalware Paid (service set to Manual startup)
    Paragon Backup and Recovery Compact 2012

Not using Shadow Defender right now as i can't set the proper exclusion list for Kaspersky IS 2013, could someone help me with this?

24. Tyrizian

Tyrizian Registered Member

Was curious to see how well Bitdefender Free and Outpost Firewall would do side by side...Lo and behold, They both run flawless next to each other.

Was using avast! Free with Outpost, but now that I know Bitdefender plays well with my firewall...I instantly made the switch.

My sig now updated...Strong, Effective and Surprisingly light:thumb:

25. Dubslap

Dubslap Registered Member

Chrome w/ Adblock Plus
    Windows 7 Firewall Block In/Out
    EAM 7 & MBAM PRO (Both in realtime)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.