what is this??

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by Tori, Jan 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tori

Tori Guest

I did a scan of mt pc and this came up C:\HP\bin\FondleWindow.exe and it told me it couldn't clean it so I was wondering if anyone has ever seem this before and what it is.
    Thank you.
    Tori

2. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

3. Waynec

Waynec Guest

I have read through the attached post and as far as they can tell, fondlewindow.exe is not a virus but a natural HP executable fine. Well, I was running the Stinger Cleaner from MacAfee and it sees it as a virus! I have run the Stinger program on a couple of computers and it sees the Fondlewindow.exe as a virus! Funny thing is the first computer I ran this on was on an HP but the second one was a Compaq! Well I know that the two companies are as one now but this Compaq is pre HP. Long before they merged? Did they use the same programs back then too?

So from what I can see the Fondlewindow.exe is a virus, persay. Any ideas?

Wayne Chouinard
    Microage Computers

4. Misato Katsuragi

Misato Katsuragi Registered Member

So far Norton and Stinger has seen it as a virus but Stinger could not get rid of it. As far as I can tell Norton took it out but im not sure and Adaware didnt even pick it up. I work for HP and I dont think that this is a real issue for our computers but it should not as far as I know affect pre-merger units of the Compaq veriety. As far as I have been told they did not use the same programing before the two companys merged. If you have any questions about HP or Compaq computers post a reply and ill get back to you as soon as I can and if its a larg issue give me some time to do some research on it.

5. Eladyah

Eladyah Registered Member

McAfee VirusScan found this on my Hp 983XT. It did not clean and was not removable with McAfee standard procedure. Is this something HP has in its standard software or not ? I wonder.

Thanks

6. markww

markww Guest

Its is part of the program called Back web I have written to some People at HP TECH SUPPORT and the PRODUCT PEOPLE at PANDA ANTI-VIRUS

Mark

7. pooped out

pooped out Guest

it is an unwanted program.....i was hit with the sasser, korat and sdbot worms and two programs OF .exe files.....fondlewindow.exe and Terminator exe.....but after reformatting these two exe 's are still there...and so are the worms......you can download the fixes from Mcafee....and i used the stinger , adaware and spybot search and destroy...and spyblaster.....read up on the bad stuff on Mcafee and Symantec websites...I was hijacked and had to cancel my isp...I was literally being controlled via desktop....i was safe..i thought..these things can disable your virus and firewall's..I had this in my computer before THE BIG DOGS EVEN DISCOVERED IT... IT LIES DORMANT IN YOUR MEMORY...AND REFORMATTING DOESNT FIX.

6WEEKS OF HELL !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.