What is this>Timbuktu??

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Tom772, Aug 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tom772

Tom772 Guest

Hi, i have recently found a file in Sun java, located in program files>

Timbuktu file size is 1 KB C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_02\lib\zi\Africa

Timbuktu file size is 1 KB lib/zi/Africa

I am kinda worried about this find as it could be part of java or part of a remote control program, so im unsure about this? I have scanned for malware, but have found nothing.

Pls help

Tom

2. Tom772

Tom772 Guest

Hey again, not sure if this is something to do with time zones? But anyway i found the following>

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoc...websphere.iseries.doc/info/ae/ae/adrtzval.htm

Supported user.timezone property values for the Development Kit for Java(R) 1.4

The following table lists the values for the user.timezone property that WebSphere Application Server for OS/400 supports for the Development Kit for Java(R) 1.4. On iSeries, the QTIMZON system variable specifies the time zone.

Notes:

* The Time zone ID column lists time zones (in boldface) and locations within each time zone.
    * The Raw offset column lists the difference, in hours and minutes, between Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) and the specified time zone.
    * The DST offset column lists the offset, in minutes for Daylight Savings Time (DST). If the field is blank, the time zone does not use DST.
    * The QTIMZON variable column lists the corresponding value for the QTIMZON system variable. If multiple values are specified in this column, either value is acceptable.

If anyone understands this pls replyo_O

Thank again Tom

3. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Did you download the correct version of Java? Looks like they updated their site to make it easier. They did have the developers version and the end user version on the same page at one time.

http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

4. Tom772

Tom772 Guest

jre-1_5_0_02-windows-i586-p > This is the version i have, i downloaded the offline installation for windows, Ronjor i think this is the right version isnt it??

Not sure, Tom

5. fido bedoe

fido bedoe Guest

6. Tom772

Tom772 Guest

Dont think its on my machine, as it is 6.03 MB, and this Timbuktu is only 1 KB, and is located in Java?

T

7. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

I would uninstall your current version and reinstall from the link. Your call. :D

8. Tom772

Tom772 Guest

Probably my best bet, i think this is nothing worse than something to do with time zones as i have found other refences for timezones for America and Euope in my Java!

Thank for your Help >Ronjor

T

9. fido bedoe

fido bedoe Guest

When was the file created? Any clues from inside the file when you right click > open with notepad?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.