What is this http://tefs.com/passthrough/index.html????

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by DaLoStWuN, Apr 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaLoStWuN

DaLoStWuN Guest

HELP!!

If someone can help me I would appreciate it. I have this parasite on my computer. It's actual name or where it comes from I don't know, but it has control over my homepage. It brings up things (i.e pop-up ads.)that I have no idea where they came from. I can't get rid of it. Whenever I delete it off my internet tools, it comes right back. When I come online it comes up as http://tefs.com/passthrough/index.html?. I have no idea what it is or how I can get rid of it. If anyone has heard of this or had to deal with it themselves, I would appreciate any feedback.

o_O

Sincerely,

Someone who it truly lost

2. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi DaLoStWuN,

That sounds very much like you´ve been hit by lop.com
    Use either Adaware 6 or Spybot S&D to clean out this spyware. Make sure to update before you do so.
    If that doesn´t solve your problem, could you post your HijackThis log
    Download, Unzip and run HijackTHis, Then click Scan > Save log, save the log as a .txt file and copy & paste its content into your next post.
    Don´t fix anything yet. Most of what it finds is harmless.

Regards,

Pieter

3. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

It comes up as a blank page (as a "Restricted" site) if you're using IE-SPYAD. (Talking about the link he gave above). Pete

4. DaLoStWuN

DaLoStWuN Guest

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR HELP!!
    It worked.

DaLostWun

5. Pieter_Arntz

Glad to hear that. :)
    Have a look at SpywareBlaster and SpywareGuard to prevent future problems.
    Information can be found on this forum: http://www.wilderssecurity.com/archive/index.php?board=34
    And don´t forget to clear out some "garbage" placed in your favorites.

Regards,

Pieter

6. DaLoStWuN

DaLoStWuN Guest

Yeah, I had actually read an article on parasite's by Brian K. Lewis. The article is called Computer Parasites. He had actually recommended SpywareBlaster in his article, so I already checked it out and downloaded it. I definitely don't want to have to go through this again. There was a whole bunch of stuff on thre from Lop.com and I have no idea where it came from. There was also a bunch of other stuff on there that I needed to get rid of. Hopefully if I go on Bigfix, I'll be able to fix some of the security holes in Microsoft. I think that might help out to.

Thank you once again.

DaLostWun

7. Pieter_Arntz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.