What is the minimum set of protection?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by nagan, Jun 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nagan

nagan Registered Member

Hey the question is not misleading.What I want to know is for an average user who does not try out new files ,games(from suspected sites) or wares what is the minimum deterrent level that could be achieved.

I use Irfanview as my imageviewer.Whenever I click on a jpeg file it takes ages for it to display both the image and the top menus.I switched off NOD and the same would open in a jiffy.The same is happening for other trusted programs I believe. Is there anyway to overcome this.I tried unchecking advanced Hieuristics ,but still no avail.

2. nagan

nagan Registered Member

Not exactly bumping....but is this post not worthy of a reply?

3. Eryan

Eryan Eset Staff Account

Hi, the first thing I would test is to uncheck 'Scan all files':

-press the F5 key.

-From the setup tree, click 'Antivirus and antispyware' → 'Real Time File System Protection' and then click the 'Setup' button next to the ThreatSense engine parameter setup.

-Click 'Extensions' and deselect the 'Scan all files' check box.

Do you happen to have any backup software running on the system that might be causing a conflict with EAV?

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

You might want to use Process monitor from Microsoft to monitor the file operations performed that would help you find the cause.

5. nagan

nagan Registered Member

Thanks for the reply (belated though!).Yes followed ur suggestion and unticked "scan all files".Also unticked "Advanced hieuristics" and "Runtime packers" as suggested by a detailed writeup somewhere in the forum.Seems to work fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.