What is the best laptop in low price?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by sweater, Aug 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    Maybe, for some laptop collectors here I'd like to ask this question. :rolleyes: :D

What do you think is the best laptop that you can recommend with a low priced tags? I mean, even with their low pricing it is still tough and good enough for those low buget person to use. With 15 inch monitor..:rolleyes: :cautious:

2. dog

dog Guest

Laptops aren't cheap to begin with ... but depending on where you live, there are often good deals to be had. I don't have one currently, but I am looking around for one at the moment. Durability/Quality wise while keeping cost as a factor ... Acer (or Toshiba) would give you the best bang for the buck -- that is at least what has been recommended to me. ;)

3. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Both of those seem to hold in there pretty well with the best features for the buck :thumb:

4. Notok

Notok Registered Member

I got a cheapy Acer for testing, and was actually quite pleasantly surprised. It's just as good as my other that cost 2-3 times as much and even has a bigger screen :)

5. sosaiso

sosaiso Registered Member

Toshiba is a reliable brand, but the only problem I have with it is that, in my experience, they have way too many processes running. The two that I've owned all had 70+ processes from a factory installation that I had to swade through.

Oh, and I've had a problem with a friend's Toshiba and it's optical drive every time it goes into hiberation.

I haven't played with an Acer yet, but that's what I look forward to getting next year when AMD comes out with their new chips.

6. lodore

lodore Registered Member

i can field this question my sister has just got a laptop for univerity.

Acer 15.4 inch screen 40gb hard drive 256mb ram 1.6ghz celoron M processer

from comet

there is a also a slightly lower spec model from tesco £350.

7. Genady Prishnikov

Genady Prishnikov Registered Member

I have a rugged $3500 HP laptop for work. My personal laptop is a $700 Acer and, no kidding, I like my Acer better. Many people in the USA have a poor impression remembering the Acer of old. They are history. Today's Acer is completely different. I plan to buy another for my son this Christmas.

8. NGRhodes

NGRhodes Registered Member

If you looking at the budget end, consider going 2nd hand. I got my Dell Latitude sub-notebook off ebay for £200 (with 30days warrenty) a couple of years ago and then bought a bigger hdd and more ram.

9. lodore

lodore Registered Member

no offence to anyone but i wouldnt trust a secound hand laptop of ebay you dont know what they have gone on with that laptop. sure you can change the hard drive but thats not the point. it could have tons of dodge stuff on it.

lodore

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.