What is the best implementation of Acronis products for my needs?

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by n00ne, Jan 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. n00ne

n00ne Registered Member

I work for a remote IT support company.
    We are starting a department to build new pc's and servers for our clients in house and ship them ready to use out of the box.

The equipment will mostly be standard dell optiplexes and IBM thinkpads though each client has their own set of software needs and will require their own images.

We would also like to get each client a DVD that they can just pop into their pc's, boot off of and restore the pc to the shipped state (ideally one DVD for a large range of hardware).

I've been somewhat successful using snap deploy 2.0 and universal deploy on a range of equipment in our own office, but have run into BSOD issues on 1 or 2 pc's in testing.

There a few concerns I am having:
    First, I have not tested joining a pc to a clients domain remotely, would a PPTP connection on the deploy server work for this task?

Second, Driver packs for universal deploy. I have found some driver packs that seem rather hacked together for support of a wide array of hardware, but I was hoping to get something a bit more official from the hardware companies (Dell, IBM, etc.). Does anyone have any suggestions on driver packs and keeping them updated?

I've done a lot of searching online and can't seem to find anyone talking about how they have implemented Acronis software to meet their needs.
    If anyone in a similar position has used Acronis to these ends I would really appreciate some pointers so that I can get this setup and functioning in as clean a way as possible. Otherwise I may just have to continue using trial and error to learn, and I have precious little time in my day to do this.
    Thanks for any help you can provide.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.