what is the best free ad/spy/mal-ware free tv software?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by guest, Apr 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guest

guest Guest

i've come across to this sw called readon tv, but seems its channellist ain't that good enough, afaiu from the reviews of its users on various forums on the net. so i'm looking for an alternative app which has a decent channel list, and is spy/ad/mal-ware free, free, no paid or non-paid subscription requiring tv software. do you guys know any? thanks in adv. regards.

2. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

3. PaulBB

PaulBB Registered Member

4. ruinebabine

ruinebabine Registered Member

Not exactly what you are looking for but, if you understand or want to practice your french, I like TOU.TV, a portal where you can watch all kinds of programs, episodes, documentaries/news, etc. from many french public tv broadcasters. With the wonderful National Film Board site (where there is a ton of great movies and docus freely viewable) I can satisfy almost all my french tv/movie needs. Now if I could also know of something similar in english...

Sorry of not being of more help about your quest for a good and safe tv-player. The last one I used was Miro last year. It was pretty good by then but you would need to have a check on where they are now in their development path... It works on a GNU open license, by the way.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2010
  5. tobacco

tobacco Frequent Poster

It might help if you list what type of programming your looking for??

6. ruinebabine

ruinebabine Registered Member

InteresTV

7. tobacco

tobacco Frequent Poster

Well i mean what do you want to watch?? :D

I have several outlets i use depending on the content. If i miss "The Amazing Race" on sunday evening, i can watch it on the ctv site the next evening or two. I found a site where i can watch online "every single episode of the Sopranos"

Lot's of programming available at the PBS site, Hulu - these sites from the USA are only available to us citizens. However, with the use of a proxy or vpn, they are watchable outside that country.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.