What is spyBlaster good for?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by genihanna, May 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. genihanna

genihanna Registered Member

I don't see what it does - isn't it supposed to be "the most powerful...in the world?" How then does it allow so much through? I ran AdAware tonight and it found 20 critical objects, all tracking cookies! And several of them have been found before! Why aren't one of these - spyblaster or spyguard - doing anything? I don't get the importance or usefulness of either, although they get such high praise & promotion. I just don't see it!

2. genihanna

genihanna Registered Member

I noticed it also claims to protect IE and Firefox, does that mean it has no effect on Netscape?

3. Biscuit

Biscuit Registered Member

In my testing, I found that when using IE6, SB lets through the odd tracking cookie in comparison to Lavasoft Adwatch, but that could be because SB is not updated as often. However in my tests with Firefox, I found that SB lets nothing though.

4. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    SpywareBlaster immunize the system from possible infections, just like the oldtime vaccination program of the government when a baby is born. It does its job by protecting the pc from oldtime infections and the updates also protects from "some" newly immerged dangerous things on the net. It's has some kind of protective barriers that I think are not available in other anti-spyware scanners. Spybot S&D also has an immunize feature same as SpywareBlaster...and having both in our pc is just a good thing since they don't consume any cpu or ram, they're just sitting there passively to prevent bad downloads from impregnating the systems. :cool:

I think javacool experts can adds something more from my explanations above as I am not expert on this but its just my own understanding for what it is. I have this thing on my machine for a long time, and I know that it really does its job effectively. What more, its free. :D ;)

5. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.