What is new in the 2.50.19 version?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Jaska, May 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stephanos G.

Stephanos G. Registered Member

I have the same problem with all my scheduled tasks.

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi Stephanos, can you please start a new thread with this problem, as no doubt there will be others. Also a screen shot of your settings might help.

Cheers :D

3. DonKid

DonKid Registered Member

Hi,

Some friends of mine are using the 2.50.16 updated from the latest beta.
    They are still updating the database from Eset´s beta25 server.
    Anyone can tell me when it will stop updating the database ?

Best Regards,

DonKid.

4. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Try not shaving while waiting. Then measure beard length when it comes.

5. hadi

hadi Guest

Hi Experts
    Really I need answer to this. What is the difference between waiting (for auto update) and installing it on top (by downloading v2.50.19 from ESET web site?). Thanx

6. zashita

zashita Registered Member

Hi hadi,

The difference is time of course :D
    More seriously, by downloading the new version, and install it, you have to do something by yourself. With auto update all is automatic, you only need to click on 'yes' when asked ( and even not, depending of your setup). It is usefull for ppl who don't take care a lot of their security, who think that when something is installed in computer, it they will be protected forever with this. And unfortunately, to my mind, it is still the description of the average user .... :doubt:

Regards

7. hadi

hadi Guest

In both cases you'll be prompted to click to reboot and you have to do this manualy ofcourse. If you d/l over the top you need to click twice once you click on file to "install" and immediately reboot window appears. So, the scond click is "reboot" thats all. Is that a big deal. I thought some thing else(serious) occurs during auto update. thanks zashita.

8. zashita

Of course :)
    But you need to THINK if you download and install. First, you need to know that a new version is avaible, and then how to download and install it ... ;)

ohh stop, I will blush :cool: :D

Last edited: May 27, 2005
  9. msanto

msanto Registered Member

Personally, I always download the latest (full) version to use in case I need to reinstall anyway, so I generally just update by installing over the top instead of waiting for the update.

With so many things that are bought and installed being downloadable nowadays, I have a whole folder on my HD as well as one on an external drive full of stuff, just in case.

10. pykko

pykko Registered Member

11. BaRaKa

BaRaKa Registered Member

Is the update available in the autoupdater? I'm not getting any messages of any upgrades at the moment. :doubt:

12. zashita

As far as I know ... not yet.
    But it will come soon don't worry ..... :D

13. BaRaKa

BaRaKa Registered Member

I'm sure of that! :D

14. hadi

hadi Guest

15. gunnarj

gunnarj Registered Member

Oh yes, don't worry, it'll be here very soon...

any day now..... :rolleyes:

and if you wonder why it takes weeks to do so, others just might call you lazy for not installing it over the top just like they do.

how dare one ask such an impertinent question? :rolleyes: :eek:

gj

16. Blackspear

I have answered your question here.

17. The Hammer

I have two hard drives. On C drive I have version 2.50.16. On D drive I downloaded 2.50.19 with the intention of uninstalling the older C version and installing 2.50.19 from the file I downloaded onto D. But I have decided to wait for the auto program update instead. Why? I am curious to see how long Eset takes to provide the auto update as a customer service test. Note that I saw the newer version the first day it was available and how many days has it been now?

18. Blackspear

It has nothing whatsoever to do with “Customer Service”, it has everything to do with rolling out a product when it is ready to roll out, and not before.

They have run this upgrade in 4 stages, Beta to selected in-house testers, Public Beta, Public Download to those that want every upgrade version as soon as possible, and FINALLY, after all this it will be rolled out to the general public at large when Eset are happy that they will not be inundated with Support issues. A very simple plan, and might I say a VERY wise one at that.

Does it really matter when there is a perfectly working version currently in use by the general public and they are blissfully unaware of anything different.

Cheers

Blackspear.

19. The Hammer

Yes a very wise plan for any FULL NEW version. However Marcos said in an earlier post on this thread that only ONE bug was fixed in this version. No wholesale changes were made. It probably wasn't even necessary to change the version number and we ALL could have been blissfully unaware with a timely auto update. Or if it was noticed we could say look how quick they fixed that bug. Click and it's done. For any company dealing with the public perception = reality and I have noticed it's the minor stuff that people believe could be easily taken care of but isn't, that gets them irate. Rule #1 The customer is the boss. Rule #2 Refer to rule number one.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2005
  20. Blackspear

I will refer you to my post here.

Not always the case, you can please most people most of the time, but not all people all of the time :rolleyes: ;) :D

21. The Hammer

We could go back and forth for who knows how long. So all I'll say is I like the thoroughness of the Eset program. But a 500 pound Gorilla is about to enter the AV market and they don't even have to be great, just AVERAGE to siphon alot of business away from other companies. It will be in areas like responsiveness to customers concerns that will keep the lights turned on. The company should heed people like gunnarj.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.