What is better?the cleaner or tauscan?

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by modano, Oct 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. modano

modano Registered Member

what is better?the cleaner or tauscan?which at prog i need to buy? o_O

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2005
  2. Edwin024

Edwin024 Registered Member

Re: o_Oo_Oo_O??

From that two The Cleaner :)

3. nicM

nicM nico-nico

yes, some reviews pointed out the fact that Tauscan doesn't deal with polymorphic trojans, when some others do.

4. modano

modano Registered Member

ok,i am using trojan hunter 4.2,kaspersky av personal5,zonealarm pro 6,etrust pest patrol 2005,spy emergency 2005,spyware nuker 2005 too.can i install ewido and a2 free versions?i think they will conflict together?a2 crashed my last system,because it had coflict whith kaspersky :oops: :mad:

5. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

If you have Trojan Hunter and run this with real-time monitor enabled together with Kaspersky, then you don't need Tauscan or The Cleaner.

Yes you can add the free versions of both Ewido & A2, A2's on-demand scanner is not that great, but i have used it with Kaspersky without trouble.

6. dudeman

dudeman Guest

Take my word for it. Neither of those two anti Trojan scanners are any good. I used both and was very unsatisfied. I recommend Trojanhunter or even better BoClean.

7. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Hopefully not all in real time. IMHO, just run KAV in real time and the free Ewido/Trojan Hunter as file scanners for AT protection.

Then if you visit high-risk sites, load up the TH Guard. No need for the Cleaner or Tauscan with your present software.

8. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

Years ago 'The Cleaner' was the one people talked about, and when people had trouble with Trojans on their system the advice I used to hear was to get a copy of that. We have gone a long way since then, and many other products have sprung up. It's sometimes difficult for a "newbie" to know what's best to do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.