What is Acronis TI 2011 doing on shutdown?

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by DVD+R, Feb 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

Since I installed Acronis True Image 2011, its doing something on computer shutdown that I cant figure out what exactlyo_O When I shutdown I get an on screen message saying

"operations are in progress, please wait, the system will shutdown automatically when the operations are complete"

It took about 6 minutes to shutdown my system,and while this was in progress, there was alot of activity going on on my external hard drive where I have my Acronis backup Image, whats it doing/ whys it doing it/ and should I stop it/ and how/ and is it going to fill my backup drive?/ I have created a full back up, and bassically thats all I need.

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

did you check if anything else is scheduled in Acronis?

3. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

It says schedulling is off

4. ehudie

ehudie Registered Member

Hello
    I have been experiencing the same thing with Acronis 2011 on win 7 x64. I would be glade having some insights.
    Thanks

5. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

I noticed it again today, it popped up in the taskabar area, so opened Acronis to see what was happening, It said it was Verifying the D/: drive, so I think it must check now and again to verify if the image is still intact and has not been removed or become corrupt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.