what is a good antivirus for a laptop?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by nullend_void, Sep 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nullend_void

nullend_void Registered Member

i just want to know what your suggestions are.. btw, my laptop is running at 1.8gh athlon64 and 512mb 333mhz ram already using sp2 :) any advice would be appreciated..

btw.. right now im using f-prot and for some reason, the real time scanner either fails to start during startup or closes randomly..

2. RejZoR

RejZoR Registered Member

I recommend that you first try to find out why F-Prot is not working as it should. Contact F-Prot support. Its a good and light AV.

3. iwod

iwod Registered Member

Did you update it to the nextest version? Mine is running fine on my laptop.

4. VikingStorm

VikingStorm Registered Member

In your case, you basically have a desktop replacement laptop calibre, so whatever is best for the desktop is the best for you. (Unless you are trying to save battery power)

I would make sure you have the latest version of F-Prot, since you have both Athlon64 and SP2, meaning the extra security features are enabled that might conflict. (though I don't see why it would)

5. I sugest you to download a DEMO of the ViRobot Expert from HauriInc www.globalhauri.com it is a very good antivirus and it has a spyware engine and antispam integrated.

Try it and tell us your experience about the Hauri Antivirus.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.