What is a data snatcher?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Baz_kasp, Oct 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baz_kasp

Baz_kasp Registered Member

o_O

Capture.PNG

Is it just me, or is this really bad FUD marketing?

As far as I am aware, AVG make no attempt to elaborate on what a "data snatcher" is or why/how the other antiviruses are "powerless" to stop them. Anyone got any ideas what this supposed horrible threat is?

static.avg.com/ww.datasnatchersv9/index.html

2. EliteKiller

EliteKiller Registered Member

To me it means anything that steals data from my computer. AVG seems to mention that in the image you linked to as well. That claim is no different than brand x claiming that they are the only ones that protect you from Rustock. :D

It's nothing more than marketing. I wouldn't read into it too much if I were you.

3. Baz_kasp

Baz_kasp Registered Member

Yeah, I read that too...the only reason I wanted to discuss it here was because I thought it was quite peculiar way of advertising the product.... I mean they do mention "it does this" "it does that"....but what is "it"? :)

I know that all the vendors gotta get the "I'm better at doing a certain thing than everyone else" across, but when does marketing become codswallop o_O

4. JRViejo

JRViejo Global Moderator

5. plassenopdestoep

plassenopdestoep Registered Member

I think they mean blocking phishing sites, they are not the only one, perhaps the only free one, but more paid suites have it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.