What I'd like in TDS4...

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Checkout, Sep 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rayg

rayg Registered Member

What I would really like is a TDS that would work correctly and completely on Windows XP. TDS-3 does not cater properly for a multi user environment :(

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

For the screenshot you can try to press Printscreen or Alt and printscreen, for some systems shift+printscreen;
    after open paint > view > paste and you can edit the image and save as.... choosing the format etc.

For the XP we know it has high priority and i read many people have it working all correct on Pro and Home versions; might need some specific settings in this version.
    Some examples might help to answer your specific questions here by people who know all about that part.

3. blah

blah Guest

I would like to see a more refined interface, it use less resources and have a seperate memory resident scanner. Also to be able to custo intsall different parts of TDS, I as a home user have little use for the LAN utilities and port table etc etc

Just MHO

4. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi Blah,
    see in this thread Wayne's reply of 30 August:
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=3316;start=0
    where only some new products in the build are described, which can be seen as separate modules or whatever you like to call it working together with TDS.
    Also home users connected to internet can have lots of use of the ports utilities and all there is. This moment for instance i have the Network > TCP Port Listen utility constant listening on port #137 while that same port is blocked in the firewall of course. No portscans on that logged, no knocking, no ddossing, quiet and peaceful system. And so there are so many more uses build in or what we can add with the scripts.

5. wiseguy

wiseguy Registered Member

I would like to see a Lower Price, so I don't have to look for a crack! :D

6. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hello Wiseguy.
    Me not. As our investments or shares in the company are paid with our registrations, enabling to have more engineers supporting and creating more nice tools for us to enjoy and securing our systems even more and around the clock support with always at least one security engineer online.
    Further the legal registered TDS is upgraded to the new version all for free, so that is a lifetime investment, and the registration opens several more nice features in the software and functionallity. I'm sure you looked on the website and in the helpfile for the benefits of registering.
    Of course you can look for other ways to enlarge evaluation time and DCS might be very interested in samples submitted to them, they might even take time to tell how that is endangering other parts of the OS. And with looking in the benefits again, you can see for youself what you would be missing, especially in the serious security defence.

7. Luthorcrow

Luthorcrow Registered Member

I would like to see a little more feedback when using the on demand scanner (right clicking on file or directory). A file(s) OK would be enough. Now it just says that it is scanning and no more feeback. I have seen screen shots of the pop-up box that displays with a detection but a little feeback for a successfull scan that finds no trojans would be nice.

8. CrazyM

CrazyM Firewall Expert

Hi Luthorcrow

Are you sure you get no more feedback? When I use TDS on demand to scan a directory it will show results.

[File Scan] Scanning in C:\DOCUME~1\xxx\MYDOCU~1 ...
    [File Scan] Scanned 272 files: 0 alarms in 14.88098 seconds (Avg 19.28 files/sec)

Regards,
    CrazyM

9. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

Hi CrazyM;

I *think* luthor means like a popup box saying *No Trojans Found* or something along those lines like an Av does.

Im pretty sure I pointed those lines out to him some time back, I know I did for someone, can't be sure, either way I am sure Luthorcrow will now know anyway.

10. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

lol as a retired muedane and x bad guy joosky not to worry there is no crack for tds 3.

damn was the only one ever to make a full registry key file crack.

wayne was already on the scene and put perty much an end to pirating tds.

i can do a search with my 7 search engins cover 80% of the entire world internet and find nothing maybe some ones actual key file but the tds data base catchs on so fast that the key become obsolit

its a perfect system and pirated verstions get disabled when you update it and then your perty much %%%%**

uninstalling and reinstalling wont do a thing the security mesures in preventing such things is perty high.

look how often galvin and wayne update there data base

thats how often they secure there product even if some one were to figure out a crack it be obsolite almost imidiatly and the softwarewould be disabled.

so no crcking it is stupit but not to worryy wise guy

they will have nicely priced software tds 4 wont be the the only utlity for sale no more

there will be Port explorer 30 bucks

there will be a trojan guard kinda like boclean proably 30 bucks to

there will also be kinda like a very lite verstion of tds 3 where it only thing it does is look for trojans

and im perty sure it be less then 60 bucks probly like 40 bucks but it wont come with all the extras that tds 4 profistional comes with proably the following

lite scan
    full system scan
    exe protection
    and memory mut exe thinghy and thats perty much it but since its tds its updates pay perty much for itself.

so compare to the perfestional tds 4
    its extreamly lite no voice no scripting no plug ins just alot of extras gone

so im perty sure everything would be moderitly priced depending on your needs

trying to crack and patch security software is stupit espechialy downloading fully cracked security software its a major no no

such programs containe trojans worms and viruses

for a hacker its great some one thinks there geting a free tds and what there geting is a zombie z mist sub7 trojan binded to the application and you would never know

so just buy it never try to jack security apps its stupit

not to metion the new application time bombs yuck

plus think about it your trying to jack a security app from a guy that knows seriose code,hacking and can proably serve you your hard drive on a silver platter lol not a smart ideal

talking from one x bad guy to a new newby tone it dowen people here are really nice and this isnt a crack hak malware appz website they can only tolirate so much

plus it gives the place a bad name and rep if peole start posting like that

people here are perty lay back im just leting you know that we can all get tolike you realy quick plus this place grows on you

so pleas no posting of cracks ect ect i know your proably just playing around and kiding lol

i cant picture any one posting something like that at a security site lol that and perty much leting people know lay back relax the newbs just being playful dont take it to seriousley relax lol

11. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Euhmmmm Blazy, nobody was writing about that.
    The only remark was a kind of popup telling no nasties found from a scan ;)

12. DolfTraanberg

DolfTraanberg Registered Member

Jooske
    I think MRBLAZE was replying on this one:
    but yes, it's a while ago
    Dolf

13. wink

wink Registered Member

Hi,

Is this a wish list in the true sense of the word 'wish'. If so I would like DiamondCS to start work on an Antivirus and Firewall and create TDS4 to incorporate all these features ;)

This would give me the benefit of Diamond level of support on these 2 new products as well as a one-stop-shop for all my PC securing needs. Having a DiamondCS Control Panel that incorporates all these features would reduce the amount of icons currently displayed in my Systray and also possibly reduce the amount of memory used on resident programs.

C'mon Diamond you knwo you want to ;)

Wink.

14. DolfTraanberg

hi wink
    In that case a lot of AV an FW companies would be out of business :D :D
    But how long do you have to wait than for another update?

15. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

whisper whisper ... that's what they all fear for.... when TDS-4 comes and nobody knows yet what's included and another smack with the new WG-4 ....

You can make with SS3 of course a kind of small console with buttons to the several programs; or create a kind of quicklaunch so we have only one button in the systray.
    An SS3 script is really easy, have done several times, an exe or ql is more complicated. With using the msagents editing an exe is more easy using MASH for example, so with that you can make a whole desktophelper, voice commanded to start all your DCS programs and whatever more you like to include.

Hmm we just want a full security range; is a router definitely hardware or can such a thing be installed as software too, so in fact a kind of enhanced firewall?

16. DolfTraanberg

Jooske
    Microsoft Routing and Remote Access Service (RRAS) is a software router, included with Win NT and W2000
    Dolf

17. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

So we can expect IF DCS is ever going deeper into packet sniffing and firewalls they might go into routing as well :D

18. DolfTraanberg

they have done this already with their TCP Traffic Bridge :D :D
    Dolf

btw the port 137 listener is a kind of firewall

19. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

i dont think galvin and wayne would ever create an antiviruse or fire wall simply cause they have so many projects they got enough work to last them a life time.

proably like 5 total applications to work on.

and plus updateing them personaly as talented as they are im not sure even with thereawsome skills they can keep up

look how much work goes into tds almost daily updates.

but if they did make an antiviruse and a firewall that would be the end of the compition and they proably be sued for haveing a monoply like microsoft lol

cause every one would only buy there products lol

plus if they made all the software intergratiable with each other like nortion fire wall with nav how it can become part of one entire interface it be over for the rest of t6he world.

i think thers a way to use tds as kinda like a fire wall but its to hard to do has to be constantly runing and it takes to much ram

i think those tds big guys dont even use firewall they use tds to block there ports ect

20. polaryzed

polaryzed Registered Member

Figure I might add my wishlist;

- command line options (start program with default scan, start program with full system scan, start program with configurable scan, unload/exit)

- A scheduler capability built into the program (configurable, so I open TDS once, and say every 15mins, it scans CRC32/memory, every week it does a full scan).

Automated pizza ordering would be nice as well :)

21. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

http://agent.microsoft.com/agent2/sdk/samples/html/peedypza.htm
    I seem to have changed my system settings, as i can't get access to my most favorite pizzaordering pages this moment. Might be back online soon if it's in their side or it is something in my settings. The other samples work fine for me so i think .......

Those scans can be done with an ss3 timer too :)

22. DolfTraanberg

please Jooske,
    tell me the secrets of performing a particular scan within ss3
    Dolf

23. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

In the Scripts > Examples > Misc > reload TDS
    '// Reload TDS-3

Sub Main
    mnuReloadTDS_Click
    End Sub

So you see how to script a menu item. Now to find out how the menu item for Full System Scan is named exactly. In the same folder is also a timer example.
    And the guys who like encryption:
    In the Encryption folder is among others a CRC hash check example, so you can compare the hashcode with a former one and if not the same alert. In the example it goes to a messagebox, but you can of course write it to a file as well to keep and compare. There is a file compare example too...... etc etc.......

I made ss3 scripts starting exe's, but to start from an exe other then TDS an SS3 script, will be hard.........if possible at all.
    Screx for example allows you to start several other programs at your own choice (maybe also ss3 scripts? did not try but might be possible at a given time even maybe)

24. DolfTraanberg

Thanks Jooske,
    Think I missed that one. Will give it a try
    Dolf

25. Windows Help and Support (under WinXP Home), Service Pack 1, to WORK! :(

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.