What happens when the backup drive fills up?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Brian Kendig, Jan 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian Kendig

Brian Kendig Registered Member

With either Acronis True Image 9 or 10 - what happens when the backup drive fills up?

Because, even with incremental backups, eventually the backups are going to reach the capacity of the drive...

Will ATI behave intelligently and remove older backups so there's room for newer backups? Or is there a way in either version 9 or 10 for me to selectively go in and delete older backups by hand? Or do I have to delete everything and start over with a new full backup?

I hope ATI will handle this on its own; I want a backup solution that my client can forget is even there...

2. shieber

shieber Registered Member

If yous use a SEcure Zone, it can manage the backups to some extent.

If you use Managed Backup Locations in ATI10, it can control the backup directory by any or all of the following, number of full backups, cumulative size of files, age of files. To use this feature you must create a Managed Backup Location and whenyou do the backup, you must specify a destinatin from the Backup Locations item on the tree in the left window (the window where one selects the target directory.

sh

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.