What happens when I reinstall XP

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by pilotbiffster, Feb 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pilotbiffster

pilotbiffster Registered Member

I'm about 3 weeks into my trial of Look N' Stop. I really like the firewall, so I went ahead an purchased a license for it yesterday. What will happen when (with Microsoft, it's inevitable) I wipe my hard drive and do a clean XP reinstall? When I reinstall Look'NStop, will my serial number which I received via email still work, or will the code located on the registration page be different? Will an email to Look'NStop resolve the issue?

Just curious,

Robert.

2. Kush

Kush Registered Member

Hello,

Yes, that will do it and if you ever have problems with your LnS code it is good for life :)

3. tosbsas

tosbsas Registered Member

normally it gets its ID from the network adapter - if you don't change that one your code will work always. If you do, LnS provides you with a new one :)-)

Ruben

Jsut happened to me :)-)

4. Kush

Kush Registered Member

Hello Ruben,

It happened to me also,but found sometimes the code is the same and sometimes it does change even with the same network adapter has not changed.
    It happened just once on XP2 and everytime on my older O/S if I reinstalled the system the code was new everytime and had to ask Fred,for a new keycode and he was very fast I had it the next day,I tried the Ins registry key and that did not work,sometimes it does work and other times not it could be a XP2 bug :doubt:

5. Delgado

Delgado Registered Member

I must say the service I received when I had to re-install Windows and asked for a new key was terrific. I received my new key in less than 2 hours!!

Thanks Frederic!

:) :)

6. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, tosbsas

I belive you will find it is from the HDD [Hard Disk Drive] o_O

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

7. Defenestration

Defenestration Registered Member

I think you are right TheQuest, since I have had a new screen, keyboard, motherboard (with integrated network card, I think) for my laptop and the LnS code stayed the same. When I recently upgraded my hard drive, the code changed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.