what happened to my sound?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by jessiboogie, Apr 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jessiboogie

jessiboogie Registered Member

I ripped some cd's to my hard drive via windows media player and now my sound is all distorted!!! Please help!!! o_O o_O

2. dog

dog Guest

Hi jessiboogie, ;)

I moved your post to software & services where it will receive better attention. ;)

It could be that both your sound cards mixer settings, and WMP sound settings are both on and conflicting. Try disabling WMP SRS "WOW" enhancements and the WMP equalizer. (view->enhancements> WOW & equalizer)

HTH, ;)

Steve

3. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Which sounds are distorted? Just the songs that you ripped from the CD or every sound that is played?

4. jessiboogie

Hi steve. im a bit of a rookie. could u tell me exactly how to do that? :D

5. jessiboogie

every sound firecat
    :D

6. jessiboogie

ok i figured that out. but it didnt work. any thing else?

7. chaos16

chaos16 Registered Member

when i have my pc on a couple of days all my music can't be heared all of a sudden the wayi fix it is by restarting my computer.

hope this helps

8. jessiboogie

tried that but thanks anyway

9. dog

dog Guest

You can check your Sound Cards settings. (Santa Cruz / Sound Blaster etc) locate the audio cards control panel. Start -> All Programs -> (insert device/manufacturer name) -> Control Panel. Disable any "Effects" and the EQ and try playing a CD again, to see if it sounds any better. If it does, you can re-enable the effects etc. and adjust them to your liking. If it does make a difference or you can't find/don't have these settings try the below.

You can check to see if you have any hardware errors. (I'm assuming your running Windows XP)
    Start -> Control Panel -> Performance & Maintenance -> System | then the Hardware Tab -> Select device manager then scroll down to where it say sound, video, and game controllers (it will be highlighted with an exclamation marked if there's an error)

You can also check / Start -> Control Panel -> Sounds, Speech, and Audio Devices -> Sound Audio devices -> Double check the Hardware Tab for errors Then go to the Audio Tab -> Under Sound Playback Select Advance -> then the performance tab and select the restore default button.

HTH,

Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.