What files are on a Rescue Disc?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Arranger, Dec 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arranger

Arranger Registered Member

So, just to enhance my understanding, what files are actually on the Rescue (Boot) Disc?

And are those files going to vary from one person't PC to another's, mandating the creation of a unique Rescue Disc for every different PC, or would the same Rescue Disc work in the majority of PCs running the same OS?

Thanks again!

2. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

The files will be different for each computer.

The main differences will be due to differences in OS installed and device drivers needed.

3. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Arranger,

Assuming that your talking about the standard version of TI 9, the only thing you'll see is a folder called Recovery Manager containing the 7 files seen in the screenshot below.

I'm afraid I disagree with Howard. The bootable rescue CD is machine independent. It merely contains the application software and device drivers specific to the TI version and build number used to create it. You should therefore create a new rescue CD for each new version or build of TI.

Regards

Attached Files:

4. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

what happems if there's no device driver for a particular device, does the system give you a chance to install the driver when rebooting?

5. Arranger

Arranger Registered Member

Thank you, all. Your knowledge is a great assistance to me.

6. kiwi 52

kiwi 52 Guest

Menorcaman is right ,as usual. The rescue CD is Linux with general drivers

There is no option to load specific drivers unlike BARTPE which you can during the boot process.

Anyone who has TI should get BARTPE, get the TI plugin and make a BARTPE boot disk.
    Faster and more compatible with most hardware with the option to load specific drivers during boot.

Else get reatogo which will build a machine specific BARTPE boot disk by adding currently installed drivers into BARTPE.

Works great

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.