What does this mean

Discussion in 'Returnil releases' started by ssyknuwyg, May 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ssyknuwyg

ssyknuwyg Registered Member

hxxp://bbs.kafan.cn/attachments/month_0905/20090508_6ccf7d7261493671f111pJPaig7Oou8L.png

I do not have a floppy drive, no disk z

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2009
  2. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Hello ssyknuwyg,
    Welcome to the forums :)

I deactivated your posted link as it either does not exist or the connection to the server is problematic. For the time being please describe what you are seeing in words and we can go from there.

Thanks
    Mike

3. ssyknuwyg

ssyknuwyg Registered Member

4. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Hi ssyknuwyg,
    Sorry for the late reply on this as I had to check with our Chinese team regarding the translation of the message popup. For the benefit of those who do not read Chinese, the message is basically saying that:

This is not a message from Returnil; rather it is a message from a program or antivirus complaining that the Virtual Partition (Z:\ drive) cannot be written to. In this case I would suggest this is due to the Virtual Partition being mounted as read-only. Though I cannot say from the picture what this program is, I can provide a warning that messages like this can, and do, come from malicious programs that attempt to write to a restricted drive or partition.

If you know what the program is and why it is attempting to write to the Virtual Partition you should specify a different partition or drive for it to save its data or deactivate the VP "mount as read-only" option. If you do not know what program caused this message, I would strongly suggest performing a full, in-depth system scan of your computer with your chosen AV/AS/AM solution just in case.

HTH
    Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.