What does this log mean?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by pathann, Aug 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pathann

pathann Registered Member

There is also this error in the log:
    error module 1 error code 1,001 (0x103E9) Failed to open the file FullBackup.tib for read: 262,161

I am a little confused, does the "Failed to open the file..." mean that my backup was not verified?
    Should I not rely on this backup and try to redo?

Thanks for any help you can give me !

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

I don't know what the errors mean, but it sounds like you may have some bad clusters on the drive. Running chkdsk /r will fix these.

3. MrMorse

MrMorse Registered Member

@pathann
    There are bad sectors.

Please follow DwnNdrty...

4. pathann

pathann Registered Member

okay, so the failure to read errors are for the drive I was backing up, not the validation process for my backup?

I did go back and validate and so I hope restore works!

5. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

If it can be avoided it isn't a good idea to back up bad sectors, and besides, you don't know if any data in those sectors is required. TI validation only means that TI is satisfied that the checksum it worked out for the image is the same as the one that is in the image. It doesn't mean that it has checked that the information inside the image is free of corruption.

My suggestion is follow DwnNdrty advice: Open up a Windows CMD window (start\run\"cmd") type in chkdsk X: /r (where X should be replaced with your drive letter). If this is the drive that contains the boot and operating system, then you will get a message saying the drive cannot be locked and chkdsk will schedule the program to run at next boot. You will then be asked to confirm that this is OK.

Next time you boot the computer, chkdsk will run (can take up to 30 minutes if the drive is large or has many incorrect sectors), once this has run, then make a new image.

This will give you some assurance that the image of your drive contains few if any errors and ought to restore as you would hope.

Colin

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello pathann,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

The "Failed to open the file..." error indicates that Acronis True Image couldn't read the created archive file for some reason, so validation was not performed. That doesn't indicate that the archive is unusable, as you have succesfully validated it separately. However, as other posters pointed out, read errors usually indicate some kind of drive/partition corruption. So, as was suggested, please run "chkdsk /r", preferably on both the source drive and the drive archive is stored at.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.