What does the message "fwapi" mean?

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by moonvine, Jul 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moonvine

moonvine Registered Member

I am using Windows XP home edition fully patched. I have been using Look n Stop Commericial without a problem for the past several months. I am also a Netscape 7.1 user and also an IE 6.x user. Beginning this morning I begam receiving "fwapi" everytime a new component of Netscape 7.1 or IE starts. The message is in a box associated with an exclamation point (!)

What happened and how do I get around this? Rule set? This is not a problem with Nescape 7.01.

Help, thoughts, comments appreciated.

Ralph

2. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

Hey moonvine

I believe the file fwapi had become corrupted; I would suggest try uninstalling and reinstalling Look ‘n’ Stop again… ;)

3. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Actually this special dialog box is displayed when the maximum number of applications (80) in the Application Filtering page is reached.

There is a bug that prevents a correct display of the dialog box content. The 2.04p2 should solve this issue:
    http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=7297

However it will not solve the root cause. You will need to remove some old application from the list to make some room.

With the 2.05 the maximum number of application will be increased but a limit will still exist.

Frederic

4. moonvine

moonvine Registered Member

Thanks. Your recommendation took care of my problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.