what do you think of taskpatrol personal?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by GUI_Tex, Feb 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GUI_Tex

GUI_Tex Registered Member

I'm trying it right now, I'm kind of questioning the reliability of taskpatrol personal, it consideres spysweeper potentially dangerous!, and a few other apps that are safe.. it considered itself trusted, and no other app trustworthy eh.. I hate the scrolling text, it uses about 11 mb's but I like the text in file feature though, and it displays alot of info, what do you guys think?

In my opinion
    it offers some unique features, but it's a try, not worth having around as main protection, since it has too many false alarms, and many other features disabled

Last edited: Feb 17, 2006
  2. Franklin

Franklin Registered Member

Looks interesting.What app could you compare it to.SSM,OA,Antihook or similar?

3. Assembly Developer

Assembly Developer Registered Member

Hello,

I am the main developer of TaskPatrol so I hope you don't mind if I join the discussion :)
    TaskPatrol does not use process database so it will give you exactly what it finds, nothing more nothing less. No process is privileged (except TaskPatrol it self but that is kind of logical since if you dont believe TaskPatrol then why are you using it in the first place :)). So it only gives you a raw information most commonly found in malware (eg. programs with invisible GUI, file located in Windows folder but not system file or part of Windows...). So generally you are right, it should not be the main security tool on your system but it can be very useful as the supplement for the antivirus, firewall and probably some other tools.
    Hope this clarify some things.

4. passerby

passerby Registered Member

I'm currently trying out taskpatrol freeware, and I notice that my CPU usage has gone up quite a bit, and takspatrol is constantly using up 6-7%... which is quite high.. Is it normal?

5. Assembly Developer

Assembly Developer Registered Member

Hello,

This is normal when you have TaskPatrol's main window in the foreground as the graphics needs to be constantly updated. Try minimizing it to tray icon and then see the CPU usage in regular task manager.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.